IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me. So I heavy accelerated my scoob, brought all the way up to 7000rpm and clutch just stuck to the floor when I tried changing to second. Car is driving and changing gears but it’s really hard and sticky to get it into gears when driving. Bitting point on clutch is pretty much instant when before it was at half way. Clutch pedal feels completely loose like there’s nothing there and sticking to the floor. What have I done. Is this an expensive fix? And what do I need to do to get it fixed. Car already started to judder and vibrate for the past week or so since I drove over a speed bump at 30-40mph but not noticing the speed bump in time. Very quiet like knocking or ticking noise when it’s stationary in neutral and when you press the clutch even though it’s soft, the knocking stops. Took the inter cooler off to see the slave cylinder and it seems fine, tried to bleed it but no air coming out just clutch fluid. But pedal is still soft and sticky. Not sure what it could be. Like I said car is drivable but smells like something is burning if you drive it but not clutch smell. Very quiet tapping if you not press the clutch in but when you press it in it stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
Uh what car - I'll guess firewall without knowing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a 2002 Subaru Impreza wrx sti jdm bugeye. Yes I checked the master cylinder andirons all good to me. Full of fluid and when tried bleeding no air comes out.

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
02, not firewall issue. You didn't list the milage. The acceleration and speed bump didn't do anything to your clutch. But you very likely need a new one. Flywheel is a probably good idea too. Get it fixed . . . Does JDM STI mean 2L 5 speed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s got 152k in click but when an engine replacement with engine 50k in it. And also had a upgraded clutch with flywheel that can handle up to 500bhp. Still not had time to take it garage get it checked out

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
when an engine replacement with engine 50k in it. And also had a upgraded clutch with flywheel that can handle up to 500bhp.
Brand & model?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure mate but it’s all been done by MB Development and he only sells performance parts.

·
Registered
407 Posts
just thought we have pull style clutches, the throwout bearing could have come out of the pressure plate...either way its going to be best to pull engine to inspect the components, you can remove the inspection covers on top and bottom to kind of see, but if you dont know what you are looking at it wont do much good...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Managed to pull out some fibres from the small hole that’s on top of the gearbox that’s connected to the engine. Taking the car to MB Development today see what he says. I’ve got a feeling gonna need the whole lot - clutch flywheel pressure plate basically everything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts