IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a txs fmic and it came with a new bpv. I first ran it without any washer shims but I was leaking boost. So I called PDX who I buy my stuff from, and told them the prob and they suggested add some shims. I added three shims (pack came with eight) and on the way home some bad sounds came along. I babied it home and opened the bpv to find the piston seized. :eek: I then used the only grease I had (mobil one synthetic, red nasty crap I cant get off my fingers) and the piston now moves freely and smooth but is a bit slower moving due to the thickness of the grease. Any ideas what I should use or should I be fine with the grease and not to mention who else has had this happen and how often should I lube it. THANKS....

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Take it apart, clean it (carb cleaner works great), polish the piston and cylinder to remove any scuff marks, and re-grease it. Don't sweat the grease - as long as it slides smoothly it'll get hot and flow just fine.

I check mine about once a month - what turbo?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
that happend to me before my car died in the middle of an intersection and i almost got hit by a car. i just took it off and put the stocker back on.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already lubed it and I didnt polish it since its only three days old, but you think the mobil one grease is good? There wasnt any really any scuffs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts