IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's Pink-I. :)

Spent some time first with the Dawn wash to remove old wax, then with a clay bar, then two coats of Zaino Z-5 and one of Z-2 with "gloss enhancer" used between coats. Needless to say, I am happy with the results, even though it took alot of work. :)

Here's some pics to feast your eyes upon:

Attachments

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
HOLY CRAP! That is some really BLUE blue going on there! :eek:

Great job! You can actually see how smooth the finish looks in your pictures! :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've thought of De-Orange'ng it, but something about putting my headlights into the oven scares me. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
JJ said:
I've thought of De-Orange'ng it, but something about putting my headlights into the oven scares me. :)
It scared me too, but everything went smoothly and the results are amazing. Have a friend help so you don't panic. : )

-st

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've said it before but I swear by Zaino... Best I have ever used on any car.

My STI has 4 coats of Z-2 and I keep a bottle of the Z-6 Gloss enhancer and a 100% cotton towel in the car...

Great pictures.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lookin' sharp!! Good to see another "Pink-I" in the area; it certainly gets an extra look. Any thought to getting the rear red-bordered WRX emblem? I know that's what stands out the most on mine.

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
damn jj, looks great! i've got zaino on order, hope my blue looks as good as yours does...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Man, I forgot how great the gold wheels look with blue (when they're clean). It's hard to remember...I haven't seen mine in a while. Damn brake dust. Mine look like trash :( . Lookin' good man :)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
WRX_STi_04 said:
Man, I forgot how great the gold wheels look with blue (when they're clean). It's hard to remember...I haven't seen mine in a while. Damn brake dust. Mine look like trash :( . Lookin' good man :)
One word: P21S

Spray on, hose off.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Yup P21S is good stuff but no way is it spray on hose off. It will make a difference but to really clean the wheels you have to spray the stuff on and scub a little, then hose off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A slight hi-jack here, but I have been looking for a good wheel cleaner for our STi wheels and that lovely brake dust. I wonder if this P21S cleaner is all that much better than the stuff I can buy at my local O'Reilly autoparts store, such as Eagle A-Z wheel cleaner. That stuff works ok, but needs to dosses to work. At that rate, the bottle doesn't last very long. Couple that with the fact that by wife drives a BMW with similar brake dust... and I need to find a good cleaner. I like the idea that some of the ones I've seen are a gel that will stick to where they're sprayed instead of running off before they can be very effective. I work at an exotic car dealer where we use an acid-based wheel cleaner on all wheels. Just not sure I'm completely comfortable with that!

Anyone with advise... and possibly a good place to buy from?

Randy

·
Registered
382 Posts
I Just started using the turtle wax stuff. It is cheap, can be found alot of places, and has a big NO-ACID label on it. It was like $4 for a bottle at Pep Boys.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Any good wheel cleaner is better than nothing. Just stay away from acid based. I am surprised an exotic car dealer would use an acid based cleaner on their expesive wheels. BTW, P21S comes in 2 versions. Regular and heavy duty gel. Any non-acid wheel cleaner will not be hose on spray off so you will have to scrub. To me that is worth it to not use an acid based cleaner. Even a non-acid one makes cleaning the wheels a lot easier. The scrubing you have to do it minimal with the cleaner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts