IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Re: My STI

Finally got around to install the redline boots...now it matches nicely!!!!
Installation was straight foward and redline leather was nicely made. Red stitching matches oem stitch exactly. I highly recommend it for a finished look.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

What a difference crisp and short...but cant somehow get rid of the buzz.....

·
Registered
3 Posts

These rims look fantastic!! I am just wondering if you need to roll the fender with with stock suspension with 18x9.5 offset +38??

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

These rims look fantastic!! I am just wondering if you need to roll the fender with with stock suspension with 18x9.5 offset +38??
You can probably get away with rolling fenders if you stay with stock rubbers.....

·
Registered
3,289 Posts

What a difference crisp and short...but cant somehow get rid of the buzz.....
Mine did the same for a while, most likely your reverse lockout cable. I put some bushing grease down in there and it stopped the buzz.

·
Registered
441 Posts

Are your wheels the Kiwami Ultimate? New 2011 model? Its great news it clears the brembos but did you have to roll fenders or anything? Any rubbing? Also any suspension mods? I would love to run these on the stock suspension but don't want to roll fenders yet.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Are your wheels the Kiwami Ultimate? New 2011 model? Its great news it clears the brembos but did you have to roll fenders or anything? Any rubbing? Also any suspension mods? I would love to run these on the stock suspension but don't want to roll fenders yet.
Yes those are the newest work kiwami. I believe to run 18x9.5 +38 your going to need to roll your rear fenders. You may be able to get away with not rolling if you plan staying with stock suspension and tire size. Im on epic engineering springs which is about a one inch drop all around.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah I would be stock suspension and tires. I really didn't want to roll fenders but something about these wheels I really like. I may just try and fit them and roll if needed.

Do you mind sharing how much you paid?

·
Registered
121 Posts

Ordered work xd9's yesterday 18x9 but after seeing this I'm calling to change the order. Wana run 265 35 tires so if I don't need to pull fenders it's all good, don't mind rolling.

·
Registered
159 Posts

so sick bro..thats a clean sti. im wondering what the hella supertones would look like on a 2011 sedan :D there could be pics already but ive yet to see them.
I just installed the supertones on my 2011 DGM sedan, they look really good, i posted a picture on post #20 on "DIY Angel Eyes 2008 WRX/STi" thread.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

Ordered work xd9's yesterday 18x9 but after seeing this I'm calling to change the order. Wana run 265 35 tires so if I don't need to pull fenders it's all good, don't mind rolling.
If you plan on running 265 your going to need a fender roll...

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Did you ever get rid of the buzzing now on your shifter? I had the same issue and it was the lockout cable rubbing on the drive shaft, just needed another zip tie. It would only happen in 5th/6th.

81 - 100 of 171 Posts