IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Re: My STI

18" snow tires? Horrible idea.
Not at all. We use the stock 18s on our STi with Blizzaks, and we get record snowfalls here in the Canadian prairies. Works amazingly well. With an STi, its not the winter tire size you must worry about - its the ground clearance, and 17 vs 18 is no difference. In other words, you'll run out of ground clearance WAY before you'll run out of grip. Why do most Japanese sports car buyers not see what the Europeans have been doing for years? Low profile grips.

I like my STi to look like an STi all year round.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

I will be removing my headlights this weekend and taking it to a place in long island to have the amber piece removed...will let you guys know how it turns out...and they're quality of work....for those who want to do the same....;)

·
Premium Member
617 Posts

Not at all. We use the stock 18s on our STi with Blizzaks, and we get record snowfalls here in the Canadian prairies. Works amazingly well. With an STi, its not the winter tire size you must worry about - its the ground clearance, and 17 vs 18 is no difference. In other words, you'll run out of ground clearance WAY before you'll run out of grip. Why do most Japanese sports car buyers not see what the Europeans have been doing for years? Low profile grips.

I like my STi to look like an STi all year round.
:tup: I have 18" Blizzaks…:D

41 - 60 of 171 Posts