Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Nice, its good to see another AS win :)

·
'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
i haven't seen salisbury around here in a long time. i'm happy to see he's doing so well.

·
Registered
451 Posts
anyone running victo racors or hoosiers in Astock on here? I would get so close (about a second) off the corvettes and boxers running those tires, i wonder if i had the same rubber if i'd be able to swing a 2nd place.

always good to see an astock win. it makes me alot more confident that it can be done. thought i think these guys are adjusting their camber?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
^ There are a handful of guys running r-comp tires here in AS, the more serious ones are probably gonna be on the hoosier A6 or kumho v710.

They are no doubt maxing their stock allowable camber (which is roughly one degree negative)

I believe that the recent winning STi (johnathans?) was on Ohlins struts... oh and I think the crazy ones run a lot of toe-out to get as much as they can from the car.

·
Registered
451 Posts
AndrewSS said:
^ There are a handful of guys running r-comp tires here in AS, the more serious ones are probably gonna be on the hoosier A6 or kumho v710.

They are no doubt maxing their stock allowable camber (which is roughly one degree negative)

I believe that the recent winning STi (johnathans?) was on Ohlins struts... oh and I think the crazy ones run a lot of toe-out to get as much as they can from the car.
sigh...to extreme for my daily driver. i've looked into 710s. but i think winter rims are the only thing i'm going to be able to aford for the next year.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
^ if you arnt going to R-comps, come to STU :D

·
3,296 Posts
thunderbird said:
Steve Salisbury wins A-stock in Washington DC area auto-x September 3rd. What do these guys know that the rest of us don't? I suppose they might know how to drive the car.
Both Steve and his wife are amazing drivers. They've been doing this for a while and really know how to race and learn the line. The course on the 3rd was all about the line. I did terrible and most of it was I was used to most of our courses this season which had some room for error and you could make up time in other spots. This course was VERY technical and all about staying on the line. My later runs were much better when I learned that I was actually faster by going slower.

·
Registered
451 Posts
AndrewSS said:
^ if you arnt going to R-comps, come to STU :D

you know i've thought about that. but i dont think i can compete with the stage 1 and 2 guys...though i did have faster times than most of the STU guys at the events i went to. not all though.

·
3,296 Posts
Steve's time with an A-stock car was faster then the fastest cars in STU. Of course the R-comps probably help some with that. However Corrie Wolfe had a completely stock car in STU for most of this season and beat a lot more prepared cars. You'd probably do pretty well, especially when there are so many n00bs like me in STU. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
kts262 said:
Steve's time with an A-stock car was faster then the fastest cars in STU. Of course the R-comps probably help some with that.
Note the PAX factor for AS is worse than STU (.831 vs .820) - thus R-comps are apparently worth slightly more than all the STU mods put together...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.