IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched this vid and thought it was pretty good! Its probably a re-post but i don't care!

What I would like to know is how different would that Subaru be to our 06 US model?

Also, it still amazes me that this STI which is 4 doors and $30,000 can out perform all those cars which are supposed to be "pure" sports cars and cost soooooo much more!!

I wonder if that STI would be the equivalent to a Cobb Stage 2??

Anyways here's the link! It cracks me up listening to those guys talk while they are driving... Can someone tell us what they are saying about the STI/entire race in a nut shell??

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/WRX/1/0e0a0de0-0894-498e-85bb-98370131e1f6.htm

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:repost:

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know its a re-post, but I was really wanting to know some anwers to the questions I had about the Vid, not necessarly the vid itself!

How is that STI different from ours?

Jay

·
Registered
230 Posts
jaydow11 said:
Yes I know its a re-post, but I was really wanting to know some anwers to the questions I had about the Vid, not necessarly the vid itself!

How is that STI different from ours?

Jay
Do a search on s204 or s203

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think it has 320 horse or sumin like that differnt rear suspension aswell a front spoiler that creates zero lift and a new rear spoiler its also lighter by a bit each wheel is 1.5 kgs lighter than a stock sti it has a different interior as and some sick carbon fiber seats its pretty sweet but not to to far from stock

·
Registered
96 Posts
The STi didn't win that "race", it's just that it got pole position and it was close enough in performance to the other cars to not let them pass. At the very end it lists the "time attack" times which is the cars solo on the track and the STi comes in last. Not baggin on the STi, I'm getting one, just pointing out the shortcomings of the video.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well technincally guys that was pretty much a showing of how good tsuchiya is of a driver seeing as how he was driving the s204.... the other drivers were amateur/pro level but best motoring is known to do these type of videos... i believe a few years back they had tsuchiya and ueno piloting a couple of tuned ae-86s against a r34 just to show that it could be done.... those cars highly outclass the s204 seeing as how the z06 has a pure racing suspension that outclasses even some ferraris that goes for the R34 Z-tune.... it just goes to show the driver plays a big role.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts