IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how to adjust non-HID headlight?

Hey guys - quick hypothetical for you here. How would a stock STi do against a C55 AMG on the hwy? Let's assume a 5th gear, 65-70 MPH start up to 100 or so. Thoughts? Experiences???

·
Registered
136 Posts
STI

hmmm i've seen AMGs run 11.2s bone stock..... soo.... i'm pretty sure an AMG will kick our ass. They did pay over twice as much as we paid for our cars...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
11.2? U smoking ganja!!
Which AMG? even new 500 hp sl55 wont do 12s...
sl65amg with 612 hp might be 12.5ish..
in 2004-205 C32 amg will be replaced with c55 amg, it will be FAST, but front heavy and will do GREAT on highway and will probably kick STi, due to HUGE amount of torque... but not 11.2 bone stock..

LaZy4zNbOi said:
hmmm i've seen AMGs run 11.2s bone stock..... soo.... i'm pretty sure an AMG will kick our ass. They did pay over twice as much as we paid for our cars...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not trying to get myself into any hot water here.....but you folks may be pleasantly surprised at this comparison....and in an STi with 40-50lbs of audio gear AND a 125lb passenger + 200lb driver....and a C55 AMG with a solo driver, weight unknown. Our car is a sleeper for certain, especially to those who spend 90k+ and don't think anything that's not German/European can keep up. :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
From the internet, I learned that the new C55 AMG will have a V-8 pumping out 370hp. I don't know the price yet, but I would guess it would be around 55k to 60k. Anyway, this car will cost twice as much as ours. And who knows the handling department of the C55 AMG.

STI is my dream car. Now I have it. I enjoy every moment of driving it. Actually it is a thrill every time I get in it. I think it is the best bang for the buck driving machine.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hear hear Klui! I get a lot of weird chuckles when I tell people my dream car is a Subaru.....but there it is, nonetheless! I feel much the same way. :p <--my face every time I see the full sweep start-up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
At my DE event last July, I came upon an AMG C32 at the beginning of the 1/2 mile straight. As my exit cornering speed was much higher than his, I was right on his as-. He didn't seem to care for this and did pull away initially, (I'd say for the first 1/4 mile), but I began to 'reel him in'. As we approached the first corner, he had much slower entry speed than me and I was all over him. At the next straight he had to let me by, since I had my spoiler stuffed up his exhausts. Once by, he quickly became a small speck in the rear view mirror.
Moral: a tough car to beat in the 1/4 mile and from a rolling start such as on the interstate; he's/she's dead meat once you start to turn the steering wheel.
Bish

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm pretty sure one of the AMGs do a 11.2 bone stock.. my friend has one i'll go ask which one he has. they all have 55 so i get some confused sometimes...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe just about any AMG can whoop an STi stock. However, I have no resentment, AMGs are kickass cars. They are a pargon of technical achievement and to be even compared to one (performance wise) is an honor.

But you can't compare these two cars, they are completely different animals. Someone who buys an AMG is obviously not just concerned with performance, otherwise he could have just Z06ed it. It's a luxury car, it has class, it's a winner to them for those reason.

On the other hand to us the STi is a winner because it's half the price and it'll give the AMG a good run for the money, and with some bolt on mods it'll probably beat it out.

We're performance freaks, that's why we own STis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sold my AMG C-36, and bought my STI. The AMG's got class, status, style and speed, but our STI's are serious 4dr sports cars. You can't really compare them, especially for the money. I'd honestly rather have my STI than a M3 or a C-32, and I probably could've afforded to financially. Stat wise this is from C&D: 0-60 and Qtr mile

STI: 4.6/13.2
E-55: 4.3/12.5
C-32: 5.2/13.6
SL-55: 4.5/13.0

We'd get blown away by a E-55, but I'd put my money over a C-32, except maybe on the autobahn. No AMG can do a 11.2. Not even the crazy CL-65. The new 500hp M5 should be awesome, too bad it looks Butt Ugly. Plus, you can't row your own with the AMG's.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Re: List of chapters not included in the STI manual?

Getting back to the orginal question. Yes a C55 AMG will kill us on this test. Their low end grunt from this situation will leave us behind while we wait for the tubo to spool up. Plus their advantage in speed will leave us behind.

I know when running against my dad's CL600 he kills me when get to about 80 or so. Below this I hold my own.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Nice car your dad car, u should be driving M3 with a dad like that.. :)
Anyways, I read somewhere that Cl65 top speed is about 215 mph, it's limited to 155 by the electronic throttle cut-off limiter and to about 189 otherwise, cuz no tires made for cl65 can support 215 mph speeds..
Cl600/Cl65 are great luxury boats... I'll take $150k Gallardo or $150k Bentley GT for the same money though..

·
Registered
122 Posts
amdmaxx said:
11.2? U smoking ganja!!
Which AMG? even new 500 hp sl55 wont do 12s...
sl65amg with 612 hp might be 12.5ish..
in 2004-205 C32 amg will be replaced with c55 amg, it will be FAST, but front heavy and will do GREAT on highway and will probably kick STi, due to HUGE amount of torque... but not 11.2 bone stock..

LaZy4zNbOi said:
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84861

·
Registered
200 Posts
Powdercoat stock BBS wheels?

yeah hes right there are no production amg cars that will do 11's . amg65's i believe are the fastest but not in the 11's . do you know how fast 11's are. enzo's do 11's not any benzo

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The C55 is not much bigger than our car and weighs about 400# more, but sports 360 hp. So it would be a good race. Then again, the Benz has an auto so it would not take any skill to get the most out of it. Just plant your right foot and hold on.

The E55 has essentially the same engine, except its supercharged with about 460 hp. That would walk away from our car like its standing still. In fact thats probably a good way to describe it. We could hang with any normally aspirated AMG model, but probably get spanked by any of the supercharged V8 cars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts