IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
whitewhale2070 said:
which one is better?:
Better in what way? 2 vs 4 doors? RWD vs AWD? 4 cyl. turbo vs. Aspirated 6? Refinement? 0-60? Tracking? Bling? Soul? Lots of variables depending on what is important to you. I would put the Infiniti G35 coupe on your list if you are considering the Z, and of course the EVO if you are considering the STi. Sorry if I asked more than answered

And test drive all of them if you haven't already.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any News on STi Car Covers?

My friend's got a 350Z. Great torque and low to the ground.
Get a 350Z if:
1. You want looks from the ladies (and older generations).
2. You like good styling and a beautiful exhaust note.
3. You don't mind having 2-foot blind spots on both sides.
4. You don't need to put your arm on the window sill often; too high.
5. You want the stealth, no boy-racer street car.
6. You don't need to carry Home Depot 2x4s in the trunk.
7. You've got a truck because of #6.

Get an STi if:
1. You want looks, revs, and burnouts from import and domestic racers.
2. You like anime stying and a full exhaust note.
3. You don't mind the wing blocking the lights of the cop behind you.
4. You like putting your arm on the sill to look like a wanksta.
5. You wanna be boy-racer, but slightly refined (no Civic Nation for you).
6. You need to carry everything but 2x4s from Home Depot.
7. You like to cruise with 4 friends, not just 1 at a time.

Make a good decision, but if you pick the STi and your friend's got the 350Z, be sure expect phone calls when he needs to move stuff; not that driving the STi is a bad thing!

Peace,
TerraJumper :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
I found the Z to just feel unfriendly. Very high door sills and narrow windows. Visability sucks out of the car. As it says above, you can't put your arm on the window sill. Interior door panels are goofy looking. Can't easily put in an aftermarket headunit. No backseat. Hardly any cargo room.

I think it looks better though.

WRX: $3000 cheaper than track model. Seats 5 in a pinch. Nice trunk. Faster. AWD. Same brakes. I think it looks more stealth than the Z to the police. (I'm changing my wing to WRX style). Downside: I have a mental hangup about only having 4 cylinders. I'm quickly getting over it. I bought the STI.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Terra Jumper LOL, Thats funny man # 3 on get an sti. I find myself sliding and ducking up and down so I can see if there is actually some lights on the top of that crown vic thats behind me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stinsanity said:
Terra Jumper LOL, Thats funny man # 3 on get an sti. I find myself sliding and ducking up and down so I can see if there is actually some lights on the top of that crown vic thats behind me.

so true... so true... :lol:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Stinsanity said:
lol i was going to say the same thing, i hate that lol

Robert~

·
Registered
52 Posts
STi Performance and Ducking

The STi's performance is unparalleled as far as $30k sport sedans go. The 350Z Track is listed at around $34k. Whitewhale2070 the STi's will outperform 350Zs. Especially on the wet. AWD rules on slippery surfaces. I still need to get used to it, but I'm sure it'll save me from fishtailing slap-happiness!

Ducking is what STi drivers are good at! I go to the gym just to work out my neck. Strap that 45lb bad boy to my forehead and heeeaaavve! :eek: Like all you guys, I, too, do the duck to see what kind of car is behind me. Other than that, I pull the trunk release to raise that wing up! :p

Peace out,
TerraJumper :wink:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
My Custom Sound System (box/amps/subs/speaks/head) w/pics ;P

TerraJumper said:
STi Performance and Ducking
I, too, do the duck to see what kind of car is behind me. Other than that, I pull the trunk release to raise that wing up! :p

Peace out,
TerraJumper :wink:
lol!!! you mean yours works?!? :wink:

robert~

·
Registered
67 Posts
whitewhale2070 said:
which one is better? my friend is getting one.. wanna get more info.. :evil:
Yeah, all that above and also depends on where your friend lives.

I lusted after the 350Z with the beautiful track package but couldn't see myself just looking at it from November to March while I manoeuver my snow blower around it in the garage.

Once I figure out a decent winter wheel/tire package my STi she'll truly be a year-round driver!

Cheers, Phun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took a 350Z for a test drive several months ago. I choose the STI without a test drive and I love it. I was close to buying a 350z until I read about the 6-speed trans problems. I read a few threads about older (40 and up) drivers cars being on their second and third trans with under 10,000 miles on the car. The STI is built and tested to be a performance machine. I would give Nissan a few more years of tweaking on the 350z before I would buy one.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
TerraJumper said:
Get an STi if:

1. You want looks, revs, and burnouts from import and domestic racers.
This is hilarious. I had a Mustang GT with some low-riding, sleezy guy do a burnout in front of me when I was coming back from peer one (<-liberace gay I know). The first day I had the car a stock Cavalier did a burnout.

Now nothing against either of these cars, but wtf are these idiots trying to accomplish?

"Wow, did you see those tires spin!"

"Damn, this guy wants to race"

or in my case,

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

I just don't get it I guess.

-st

·
Registered
99 Posts
whitewhale2070 said:
which one is better? my friend is getting one.. wanna get more info.. :evil:
I had a chance to test drive a 350Z, is300, and a few heavly moded Jetta turbos at the track a few months ago. And the one car I disliked was the 350Z. It just felt like it had the most body roll of the 3(maybe because I was driving it on a faster track). And people were spining out in the 350Zs all day.

I liked the Jetta for the turbo kick and the is300 for the great suspention/handling. The 350Z just didn't do anything for me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I has a hard time trying to decide between 350Z and STi, cause they were both really awesome cars, but the only ... ONLY thing that made me get the STi was because of 4WD.
I live in Ontario, Canada, so, lots of snow... long winter too!

And people were spining out in the 350Zs all day.
not very many people knows how to corner a FR car... I drove my buddy's 350Z for about 2 weeks, man, I gotta tell you, it's hard to get to know the car, cause it acts differently with different driving style!

(my brother has a golf 1.8T) VW 1.8T has very limited power tunning.

and to me, IS300 is just not worth the money!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, the 350Z has a higher top speed than the STi. 155 - 156 vs under 150 for the STi (again, unless I'm mistaken, the limiter keeps it at 146).

·
Registered
99 Posts
OM3GA said:
(my brother has a golf 1.8T) VW 1.8T has very limited power tunning.

and to me, IS300 is just not worth the money!
I used to have a Passat 1.8T so I have done alot of research on mods for the 1.8T. For cheap mods you can get a chip to get you to at least 210hp...rember stock is 150hp. And then for the higher end mods you can go ARP stage3 which is good for ~320hp on 100 octane.

and yeh the IS is alot of $$$ but it does handle nicely. I got to whip the tail around a few turns 8)

...so :p :p :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll give my unbiased vote towards the STI.

The STI looks way better than the Z in my opinion. Plus I'm seeing Zs everywhere it seems. I've only seen one STI so far.

The STI has the performance and is much more practical. And also a heck of alot cooler car.

a no brainer in my opinion. Go for the STI.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts