IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm

I thought I'd share a before and after picture of the STi valve stem caps for everyone. I wasn't so sure I liked them at first but they have grown on me. I got them at Flat4Engineering.com (supporting the sponsors) :wink: for like $10.

CoreySTi04

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The disappearing thing worries me too. Luckily it stays in a garage and is rarely out of my sight. I probably won't replace them if they do walk away. :-?

CoreySTi04

·
Registered
350 Posts
They look good, and for a cheap price... I might just get me a set :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just a general inquiry...

Hmm, the ones on ebay right now are $16 plus shippping (exact same picture as yours)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ldivinag said:
what i hate though, is mine would dispappear faster than i can buy 'em... :(
Yeah, forget about going to the mall - the little jerks will be waiting in line to steal those.

They look very nice though.

-st

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
ldivinag said:
what i hate though, is mine would dispappear faster than i can buy 'em... :(
tell me about it. the little rug rats in the ghetto near my neighborhood peruse the parking lots looking for them.

i chased after a couple of them once...they don't really care about other people's property.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, I bought them fully expecting them to walk one day. Got them for $12, so I guess them being stolen wis better than the car itself being keyed or stolen. Just make sure you keep your original caps.

I seriously hate humanity some times.

·
Registered
399 Posts
i've had the same problem where i live, and i've learned that tightening them with pliers makes it close to impossible for them to steal. unless they've got robogrip hands they won't be able to get them off. thing is you need to remember to have a little plier in your car, for when you need to fill them up. also if they are a cap with flat sides you can just use a little wrech 8-10mm. I did that with my eclipse and i never got them stolen, yet all the other cars around me were missing them $45 set of m5 caps got stolen from my neighbor 4 times, mine...never

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a set of color matching aluminum caps @ Walmart for 2 bucks (w/ tax). Only thing is it doesn't have STI on it. when I'm going 100 mph, I don't think anyone could read the letters on it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
STIml8n said:
i've had the same problem where i live, and i've learned that tightening them with pliers makes it close to impossible for them to steal. unless they've got robogrip hands they won't be able to get them off. thing is you need to remember to have a little plier in your car, for when you need to fill them up. also if they are a cap with flat sides you can just use a little wrech 8-10mm. I did that with my eclipse and i never got them stolen, yet all the other cars around me were missing them $45 set of m5 caps got stolen from my neighbor 4 times, mine...never
Awesome idea! I've never made the connection to do that on my car. At work, I've used pliers to tighten valve stem caps on pipe fittings and I've learned the hard way, that to not strip off the serrations, wrap the valve stem caps with a rag then tighten them with your pliers. I would still recommend using a rag even on valve stem caps with flat sides so they don't get all scratched up. Just remember, with a cotton shop rag, one layer of will prevent scratching on flat sides, but 2 layers are needed to prevent stripping of serrations. This applies to both metal and plastic.

Keep those STi caps looking nice!
8)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yep I had mine stolen as well. Well all the ones on the driver side at least. Bastards lol. But hey as long as they steal that and not any of my badges and stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts