IW STi Forum banner

STi understeer...and solution?

Suspension/Stiffening 
7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  STiObserver 
I was on the track for the first time Saturday and was very happy with the handling. We ran tire temperatures and the heavily loaded right side was as perfect as I have ever seen (42 psi all around).
With the DCCD set to Auto the car had maybe a little less understeer than most AWD's, but when we set it up to Man and 65% torque to the rear the understeer was significantly less. A friend who is a suspension consultant to NASCAR, Champ Car and (I hate to say it) IRL teams came for a ride and was amazed, first of all at the total lack of drama at pretty high cornering forces for a street (?) tire; secondly at the large effect the DCCD had.
I have a Stealth Twin Turbo (475hp) AWD as well and it's great until you try to push it to the limits in the corners, when it understeers like a pig. This DCCD is what I have been waiting for, for years - and it works. With some larger wheels and slicks or R compounds this is going to be a great street/track car. In our first Solo 2 event in the STI, we already beat everyone in all the stock classes and all but 2 with R compounds as well. I wish I could get some wheels for it to put some R compounds on. It will be really fast.
Great car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.