IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the wing off my STI and am left with 12 nice little holes. I need a new trunk lid. What is the part number for the trunk lid with no pre set holes for any spoilers...just plain? Also, where is the cheapest place to get one? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Subaru dealer. $350 unpainted. I can't find anybody who will ship them mailorder. Junkyards have them for $200, but shipping is another $120. I just put on a WRX stock type aftermarket wing and bought a dozen plastic trim plugs and painted them with touchup paint. Doesn't look too bad and it only cost $10 for the paint/plugs and $170 for the wing. Someday I might get a new trunklid.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
www.vividracing.com has a carbon fibre over fibre glass trunk i believe. cant remember the price exactly, but if u dont like the carbon fibre look u can have it painted...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Just put the wing back on and trade the whole trunk lid with someone who has a 2.5 RS.

Probably swap you for free.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
It doesn't matter what color WRX it comes off of. If you want the color on the trunk to match the color of the car, you'll have to get it painted. The black WRX is a different color black than the black STi. You won't see the difference most of the time, but when its out in the sun, it'll look like you put together your car at U-Wrench-It.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Actually, the '04 WRX is the same black but the older WRX's are a different balck. I looked at one at the dealership when I was there for service and it does have the Java Black Pearl paint job on it, you just have to see it in the sun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts