IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hey Dave, you wanna add a link to the spring rate & drop thread somewhere in your original post?

That chart is a huge help for people comparing lowering springs.
I know that's been added under Threads of Interest. Let me add it to the spring section in here, good idea.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Dont Forget About The New Tic Coilovers!!!!
Don't forget about the new Zzyzx EM Sport's either!

They don't get enough love. I feel they are also misunderstood. They are positively, not just "slightly", better ride quality than stock for a daily driven car. They aren't just good AutoX coilovers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow, and I just im'd some people about their suspension set-ups . . . This is pretty much as objective as it gets. We'll call it: Twistie's Modern Day Subaru Suspension Possibilities:) haha ya, not the most creative name in the world, but hey:) Great work.
Subscribed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Twisties for all the work. As noted above it is of great help to less experienced drivers like myself. You probably saved me a couple thousand dollars off an estimate a local tuner gave me for a complete suspension upgrade. According to this forum he wasn't trying to cheat me, just bid all top end parts which a driver of my caliber isn't ready for. Thanks again.:tup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks, TWISTIES. This will really help out. I was lookin into the COBB Stage 2 suspension package, but this just convinced me to do more research in the subject.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hey guys. im currently considering buying the titanium JDM sti strut bar. It's ~500 new, but i have a seller for 250$. seems kinda expensive, considering that the cusco one (non-titanium) is 150$. anything special about titanium strut bars (or this STi one in particular) that i don't know (besides less weight), or is it just "bling" in comparison to the regular steel ones?

thanks,
-alex

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a question that I don't think was mentioned at all.

Is there anything available to make an STi higher than stock? I see all drop springs, but nothing to raise the height.
It's an 07 STi. What can I lift it with?

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow no body talks about the jic magics they are great on the track you have several ajustments to chose for differant track condtions and nice on the streets best bang for your buck

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I have a question that I don't think was mentioned at all.

Is there anything available to make an STi higher than stock? I see all drop springs, but nothing to raise the height.
It's an 07 STi. What can I lift it with?
No clue, since the Forester stuff won't bolt up to your 07.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
hey guys. im currently considering buying the titanium JDM sti strut bar. It's ~500 new, but i have a seller for 250$. seems kinda expensive, considering that the cusco one (non-titanium) is 150$. anything special about titanium strut bars (or this STi one in particular) that i don't know (besides less weight), or is it just "bling" in comparison to the regular steel ones?

thanks,
-alex
bling.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Guys, in the future, please post your questions outside of this thread and only after you have searched the forum since a lot of the ones I'm seeing here have been covered over the last several years. :) Thank you for cooperating, I just don't want to crowd this topic up. As always, I'm also available for PMs if you can't find an answer after searching the forum.

-Dave

41 - 60 of 99 Posts