IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It appears everybody else has a STi spottings thread, but not the South Atlantic.

Let's start one now shall we? Remember to be smart and we aren't talking about where someone lives or information that might lead to stolen subies.

I was in my '94 burgundy Saturn SL with no wheel covers, I think someone spilled soda all over my car at the beach last weekend. I also had a large dent in my roof from some of my friends being funny and running over my car that weekend. Needless to say, you would not have noticed my ride, but yours was looking good.

I saw you going into the IBM gate at the end of Davis Drive in RTP, NC at about 7PM. You were in a silverish 03 or 04 STi with WRX wing and some wheels I did not recognize - 18's. What supension are you riding? I thought it was a WRX from a distance but I saw those wheels and it looked way too stiff. I then saw the brembos - dead giveaway ;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, I guess I meant 04-05.

04 was the first year for the US version. There was an 03, but we never got it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spotted you at Southpoint mall last night around 10PM, parked sortof behind the movie theater. WRB Gold BBS 04-05 with hellas! You backed 'er in, I took a second lap around just to check it out - looking good.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Let's see, I spotted a gray STi with 315 kumhos that was loud and fast as stank, a white bugeye with WRX with a big wing and CF hood & FMIC with Megan coilovers, a blue WRX with a FMIC and aftermarket wheels, a Black WRX, a CGM STi, and a grey WRX that was low on oil with a smack talkin owner today at Whitehouse Field in Jacksonville. :D

I expect to see a lot more STi's and WRS's there tomorrow!! :lol: :tup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
04 or 05 WRB/really dirty bbs's (couldnt tell which color) aftermarket exhaust, gauges on A pillar, parked outside powerhouse gym on san jose in jax, FL

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
'06 WRB at Sheetz (Mebane, NC) Saturday. I was with two other people and a dog with one blue eye and one brown eye - no Subie though, we were in my friend's black Dakota.

'07 SWP Limited outside of Hilton in Raleigh (near bahama breeze). I had yet to see one of these in person, definately worth a second glance. I was at a Christmas party and in no shape to drive but I strolled by a couple of times. If you saw me, you can rest assured I wasn't a thief.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My buddy in Ft. Lauderdale says he saw an '06 CGM pulled over by 3 troopers yesterday... Route 1 I think. That wasn't one of you guys was it, I sure hope not. If it was, I'm pretty sure you aren't going to be online anytime soon anyway!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
osbjmg said:
I spotted you at Southpoint mall last night around 10PM, parked sortof behind the movie theater. WRB Gold BBS 04-05 with hellas! You backed 'er in, I took a second lap around just to check it out - looking good.
That's Rich and Andrea's (Sharkbait on NASIOC) car. Rich works at Champs so you'll see that car there a lot.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can a brotha get a sticky here? No love for the SE?:cool:

Black 04/05 STi, wingless with FMIC spotted turning into Patrick Henry Mall around 8 tonight in Newport News, VA.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OBP '06 heading from the Durham Freeway to 40E this morning. I was heading off to the right and I saw your car at the last minute. I've never seen you on my commute before, is it new?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Black 04/05 passed me on TW Alexander & Hopson in RTP yesterday morning. You looked to be Japanese and I think you had an injen exhaust.

I saw a second Black 04/05 turning from Davis to Kit Creek just outside my window at work. No window tint (you can really tell on the black ones). I guess you were coming back from lunch. It would be nice to have a lunch break...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Silver Bugeye w/ rims, exhaust, nice wing and cool license plate. you pulled out on US 1 in Vass toward Southern Pines. I let you pass then we turned down May St. by the horse farms and I flew by you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Silver 04/05 STi East Bound at Harris and Sugar Creek in Charlotte. About 7:30 PM Valentines Day. Nice sounding exhaust!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spotted an '06 WRB STI with tint, exhaust and iwsti.com stickers in the rear door windows on San Jose/ SR13 near Julington Creek. I was driving a green Jetta. I passed it and the driver pulled hard to catch up, before it turned off into a neighborhood. Think it was a girl driving? If so, much love. If not, get a hair cut man :D

1 - 20 of 156 Posts