IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I look for a bolt on kit for the STi all I can find is stuff for the regular WRX. I ran across Vishnu who is working on a first stage for the STi which is 'coming soon'. Looking at the regular WRX stages that Vishnu has it would seem promising for the STi unless the STi is already tuned/tweaked to the max? I'm only concerned with horsepower right now... just wondering what you guys think and looking for some more tuners to compare to Vishnu.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
APS in australia is working on gear for both USDM EVO VIII and STi. they have produced some awesome cars in the past.

·
Registered
392 Posts
As listed above, APS in Australia do good work.

On the Australian STI (a pitiful 265HP), they have kits that provide power boosts to 320HP or 350HP with the standard turbo. By replacing the turbo and implementing a front mount intercooler, 400HP is possible.

I'd guess a 400HP system would not be out of the question on the US spec WRX STI, which would include air filter, exhaust, upgraded compressor discharge duct, upgraded exhaust discharge, intercooler, BOV and piggyback ECU w/ boost control. This would probably price around $5K US

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
note the ECU us unichip... i consider one of the best "piggyback" styles on the market if not the best! APS can seem expensive, but their products are of the highest quility.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts