IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: the STi as seen by a Corvette owner.

GDB-E Type Steering Wheel with airbag: New $600+, Takeoff: $399 shipped
------------------------------------------

Titanium Strut Bars (2 available): New $460, Takeoff price: $325

JDM Spec C Front & Rear Seats: $1295 shipped (with air bag light fixes)
------------------------------------
A complete set of STi Spec C seats, including the front & rears. These are black w/ blue trim and have the popular STi logo embroidered on front seats. These offer competition seat styling and bolstering that hold you firmly during hard cornering. They feature more bolstering than US STi seats. This set comes complete with factory slide rails, brackets, and trim. Seats are RHD spec. so front seat height adjustment is on passenger side seat (in the case of LHD cars).

STi Spec C Suspension
------------------------------
Complete Sti Spec C strut, spring, and strut top set fully assembled and ready to install. High spring and damping rates provide a significant improvement in suspension performance over stock WRX. Since set is fully assembled with strut top mounts this suspension can be retrofitted to MY02-03 WRX sedan models as well as MY04. Optional: Also available fitted with new STi lowering springs and group N strut top mounts.

STi Spec C Takeoff Suspension Set -- $1050
STi Spec C Suspension Set Upgrade -- $1550
(suspension set upgrade is STi Spec C takeoff suspension with new MY04 STi lowering springs and STi group N strut top mounts fitted in place of standard Spec C components....removed springs & strut tops are not included)

Kevin
[email protected]
King of Imports, LLC
http://www.kingofimports.com

All parts are technically used but with very low mileage (less then 20 miles). Parts were removed from brand new Japanese specification STi Spec C models that were being converted to rally cars. Some parts may have minor marks and scuffs incurred during removal and handling. Parts sold as is without warranty and are not returnable.

·
Registered
285 Posts
any clue if that steering wheel will work on a MY04 usdm sti? i like the new design much bettter let me know i may be interested

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
$399 shipped WITH airbag?? holy crap, I remember selling the airbags out of my friend's race supra for that much lol... nice pricing Kevin!

Robert~

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It should fit an 04 STi. We sold one already to an 04 STi customer and never received a complaint.

Pricing is some of the best around.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
kevin--

would/does the jdm spec seat (for yhe usdm driver's side) sit at the same height as the usddm does fully lowered??

im thinking i might bite on a set & sell off mine, and wondered if the driver's side chair would sit at an okay height (the lowest setting of the usdm is good for me)

any info?

ese

ps- any front - seat only deals?? (want some 3 mo. old 2k5's??)

·
Registered
122 Posts
esemes said:
needa number bro...

and time when you wanna chat!
Get em man!! Those seats look so much more supportive.

Kevin, how much of an improvement in handling would the suspension stuff give? Also, would it make everyday driving a pain?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For an improvement in ride and handling, we recommend the pink springs from Japan along with the group n strut top hats. This is the one modificationi that if performed delivers both an improvement in driveability and performance. Usually, an increase in performance results in a slight decrease in driveability.

With the installation of the jdm sti pink springs and group n strut top hats, you can expect to eliminate the stock suspension's tendency to annoyingly bounce up and down at speeds below 80 mph. I believe that the springs and strut top hats are poorly matched for some the streets of the US. I am not an expert on the subject, but among those who have followed this course of upgrading this setup is what many of us believe should have come factory.

Throw in the aftermarket STi pillowball rear suspension and group n driveline package along with some sway bars and your car will truly react and handle like we want it to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts