IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the forum has developed a script for downloading the manual from techinfo.subaru.com. the full thread of its development is here. any questions or comments about the script should be posted to that original thread.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i submitted a fraud email to ebay. of course, it'll take a week for them to get back to me.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Maybe contact subaru about it? They're the ones being robbed, after all....

Hopefully this guy gets the book thrown at him.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, I finished testing my updated bat file to download the service manual from http://techinfo.subaru.com with the new 20PDF/hr limit. I thought I would share my files with everyone. Unfortunately I have not updated the mac code, but I'm sure someone can if they wish. The only changes to the original zip file include changes to the bat file, and an additional file called sleep.exe that I found on the web which causes the computer to pause for a specified amount of time.

I coded the bat file to wait 3600 seconds after each set of 20 pdfs. I realize this assumes a 0 second download time for all pdfs, and in actuality this is not true. But on a cable or dsl connection, it is close enough. My total downloads took about 50 hours, which leaves enough time in the 72 hour subscription to fix any errors.

If anyone has any questions or problems, pm me and I'll try and help.

I do realize you can get this manual from Ebay, but I am too honest to do this.

Here is a link to the file (get it now, I graduated in December and am not sure how long I have this space available to me).
Get it NOW!

·
Registered
205 Posts
For wayyyyy to much money. You can download the whole thing with the above file for only a $20 subscription to techinfo.subaru.com.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmmm,

I guess I contributed to the problem becasue i bought one from Ebay about 2 weeks ago for 12 bucks shipped :)

This was for backup purposes only of course ;)

Had I known I could have gotton it here I would have paid Subaru and used the script. I guess I need to read more and impulse buy less - LOL

·
Registered
304 Posts
im wondering if someone that has the full manual can pm me.

id be willing to prove that i have access and have paid subaru for the manual, and instead just get it from someone who has it all already. 50hrs is too long and i dont trust my computer to do it right the first time, and if it didnt, id have to pay again because it would take more than 72 hours.

is this fair? :)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Thanks to 4MLA1FN first for creating this and wannaSTI for updating it. Using it right now. I started downloading the service manual "manually" and then thought screw this and started in on the script method. Very nice. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts