IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Seems like I am the resident expert on these wheels. Here goes.

THe wheels on the black car are NOT RS-Zeros. RS Zeros are very similar though. The distinguishing features include 3 dimples on each spoke just before the spoke meets the rim and is not offered in a 53+ offest.

The one in the picture, while I have not gotten the official name, is considered an STI Ray, STI Rays, or STI Sport Rays or some derivation of that. THey come in 18x7.5 sizes w/+53 offset. They are 66,000 yen per wheel plus shipping from Japan (the only place you can buy them for cheap, which is not so cheap w/the exchange rate). That is almost 2600 for the whole set. If you need to do the exchange rate math, go to www.xe.com and estimate your shipping costs.

I am thinking about putting together a group buy so let me know if you are interested. Oh and most importantly, they only come in gold, so for those of us like myself in a silver STI/WRX, we will have to paint them or get them powdercoated. Oh and even more important than that, surprisingly, is the fact that they allegedly weigh 7.1kg. You do the math and salvate like I have been for the last month. Here is why I must paint them, because gold looks like SHaT on a silver STI (I can post if you have space), if you can't tell I am upset that I can't get these right now b/c the exchange rate makes them too expensive.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Spirited driving at a BMW meet gone bad

they are very nice 'eh. so nice in fact, i might put all-seasons on my stocks for winter and hope i can save $2500 by spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts