IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the STi forums for several months while I was debating the Evo vs STi decision. I initially chose the Evo because it was cheaper and was responding very well to mods, but my deal to buy a used modded Evo fell thru and now I'm leaning towards the STi. Mostly because it has cruise control and I think the interior is much nicer, but I'm nervous that the motor won't handle the mods. I'm looking for some input from STi owners who have modded their cars. I'm buying an STi this weekend and plan on modding it. How well is the STi responding to mods and how much power is it making. Does anyone have before and after dyno #'s? For anyone who is drag racing their STi, is anything breaking?
Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slowride,
Thanks for the link :D
Took forever to read, but had tons of info. Sounds like the STi started off well, but it kinda crapped out around 300whp :(
Thanks and keep the info coming.
Scott

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
fledis said:
Sounds like the STi started off well, but it kinda crapped out around 300whp :(
300whp is still quite a ride. Wait until Vishnu and some of the others get their stage kits together, according to Shiv from Vishnu the car seems to have a lot of potential and the ability to easily get quite a bit more torque out of.

Unless you are a race car driver, I think the car can be readily modified to produce more than enough power and torque.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wouldn't modify the engine. It's only 2.5L and it already has more than enough power. I drove the car, it's very fast as is - I don't see the reason to risk reliability of a great machine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, coming from a single turbo Supra, I kind of have this thing for power. I know the STi will never approach the HP of my Supra, but I would like to put out more than 300hp. 300whp is pretty nice, but I'd like to hit ~400whp.....need to keep the Z06's and '03 Cobra's in line :D
Thanks again. BTW, I should have the STi this Sunday :D
Scott

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
fledis said:
Sounds like the STi started off well, but it kinda crapped out around 300whp :(
That was with a downpipe, intake, and boost controller. Very minimal mods.

He hasn't posted results yet for the FMIC, turbo, injectors, ... Should be something up within the next couple of weeks, but his target is 450 WHP.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I agree with your convervative choice, but get ready - flames are coming upon us...
This is enthusiast site after all..
:)

kg said:
I wouldn't modify the engine. It's only 2.5L and it already has more than enough power. I drove the car, it's very fast as is - I don't see the reason to risk reliability of a great machine.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
amdmaxx said:
I agree with your convervative choice, but get ready - flames are coming upon us...
This is enthusiast site after all..
:)
I won't flame anyone who decides not to mod. That's a personal choice. Different strokes...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i think there is a limit to how much power you can really use on the street. 300 horsepower to the wheels is something i would personally like. its not a huge increase and reliablity probably would'nt be an issue. 400whp? well thats getting up there but i too have no problem if someone wants that kind of power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts