IW STi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got rear-ended while waiting for a truck in front of my 06 STI to move after the light had turned green at the corner of Willow and College in Fort Collins, Colorado. The driver behind me apparantly was not paying very close attention to my car and ending up driving into the back of me. The first thing he said after we got out of our cars was "I am soooo sorry" and he just kept repeating that until the police showed up. He got a ticket and accepted resposibility(thank goodness) so his insurance company would pay for the repairs.

The damage was not too bad(truck lid and bumper cover and right rear tail-light will need to be replaced. Took the car into Import Auto today for repairs and should have it back before the end of next week.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
ouch, post pics

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
i'd be real mad if that happen to me.

·
Registered
690 Posts
good luck!

·
Registered
343 Posts
sorry to hear about that! Hope everything will be ok, at least the guy said he is sorry! Well he better be!

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
gcs5656 said:
The damage was not too bad(truck lid and bumper cover and right rear tail-light will need to be replaced. Took the car into Import Auto today for repairs and should have it back before the end of next week.
Make sure they actually replace those parts instead of trying to "fix" them. Nothing sucks worse than a shoddy repair job. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Good luck and yeah take it somewhere good. Glad everyones ok.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Glad to hear it's not serious.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Digitalfiend said:
Make sure they actually replace those parts instead of trying to "fix" them. Nothing sucks worse than a shoddy repair job. Just my 2 cents...
agreed, when you pick it up, get down on the plane of the parts and look across them to make sure everything is perfectly straight and that they didn't put bodyfiller on it. This can show up later and hurt your resale value... not that you would EVER sell your STI:D

good luck.

what kind of crappy rental do they have you in?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I insisted that they put new parts on instead of repairing, especially since it had so few miles(4,900). They promised me they would replace, not repair, and I plan on verifying that we it is done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They put me in a Hyudai Sonata for a rental. It is an "OK" car for what it is but of course it is not even close to what I am used to. Fortunately, I can drive our 04 WRX but even it is not quite the car the STI is.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
flytojungho said:
first thing you don't say is "im sorry"... didn't he learn that from drivers ed?
well he can either admit his fault, or deal with investigating cops, possible court time, and have the same result. if i hit someone and knew without a doubt id be found responsible, just take your lumps and admit the wrongdoing. also saves an argument if that happened to me (and i know CO drivers effin suck here in boulder) and the person didnt immediately admit fault, theyd be getting a lottttt of verbal abuse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
this morning on the way to work I almost got rear ended as wall, traffic is stop and go as usual on I-270 but this time it went from 60 to 5 mph almost instantly. Of course I left a good amount of room between the car ahead but had to brake pretty hard. In my center rear view I cound see the headlights of a car approaching me fast and then it dissapeared. I looked over to my left and there it was running over the rumble strip beside me trying to avoid a collision. I had to stop pretty hard with the brembos imagine trying to stop a truck at that speed. Stupid SUV drivers, never leave enough room and always on the phone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts