IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone knows and wants the rally hood. In my opinion it looks so much nicer than the big scoop STi hood. But not sure if the rally hood only works well with the rally car but not our STi since what are under the hoods of the two cars are different so maybe our original hood gives better cooling for our cars. If we are able to buy it, how much would it costs are where I can find them?

·
Registered
163 Posts
If by WRC hood you mean the reverse scoop "kaminari" style hood.

This will work.

The real WRC hood wont work

This hood wont work with our cars because the engine layout is TOTALLY different. look at this pic,

you can see where the area to bring air to the intercooler lies. Therei s a pretty big difference]

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I was asking for the real rally hood. Exactly what I expected, which it won't work with our cars, sigh....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Now...you can take the stock hood and put that reverse vent in it. Problem is....if you can actually see into it, you'll see the top of the radiator and all that good stuff.

I know someone makes the 'cut n paste' piece....I've seen em on NASIOC.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, it'd be too crazy for me to do that. I guess I'll leave the hood alone for now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
A Feel Good Article

I hear those cars are incredibly hard to drive on normal roads, which they sometimes have to do in between stages

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
'those cars'

Amazing performance cars, but they are also street legal. You hear of drivers being given speeding tickets between stages.

On the Rally XS show this week Panizi had his at the 'Ring....looking very sweet. Whatever the between stages...they can handle it.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
only street legal between the stages, no way they would be allowed on roads besides the mensioned above.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They have headlights, tail lights, turn signals, flashers, license plates, and seat belts. In most of the world, that's all you need to be street legal. Only in the USA and a few other locales would they not be street legal, and only because of their exhaust.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
i guess not street legal then. try register a WRC car in america for daily use. bet you cant.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
thats what i meant by only legal for street use during stages. If WRC comes to the usa (were all hoping) these cars will be allowed on roads between stages and at no other times.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
But see...that's just it, these cars are street legal all the time everywhere else but here.

If they came here, I don't think they'd allow them on public roads at all.

Cars and their legality aside, the legal issues with that type of racing and spectators wouldn't fly here anyway. We should just be lucky they are coming as close as Mexico now. Everyone grab your sobreros!

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
they are not legal in australia and thats where the next wrc event is... in australia there is rally registation. limits of the cars use is for rally events only. they arnt even allowed to drive rally cars to events, they are only to be driven on stages and between stages.
"Cars and their legality aside, the legal issues with that type of racing and spectators wouldn't fly here anyway." do you mean how close they get to the track side? if so watch how far spectators at rally australia, they wont be as close as in other countries...

·
Registered
311 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
'those cars'

Amazing performance cars, but they are also street legal. You hear of drivers being given speeding tickets between stages.

On the Rally XS show this week Panizi had his at the 'Ring....looking very sweet. Whatever the between stages...they can handle it.
Those cars as in WRC cars. I remember watching something on Speed about it. It was only a little thing where a driver said how it was nothing like driving a normal car down the road. Much harder.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
eatV8....very true. Do you think we'd ever allow an event at all though?

Sha zapple...you should check out one of the full races man. It's kinda hard to believe you aren't a WRC follower/fan yet you love the STi. :)

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
i think usa will eventually hold a wrc event. but u will probably see fans in a stand way off the road and no where near a corner exit. the event would have to be held way away from everything and public roads may be closed for the rally. who knows. money talks and if wrc wants to bring it here i believe they will. i sure hope they do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bet you a 100 bucks or even a thousand you could get a WRC registered in the US you may only be able to drive less than 2000 miles a year (or something close) but it can be done...you can also do it thru "creative means" and maybe no one would be the wiser...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts