IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in here got some info. on Jersey dealers?! Trying to get a good deal on an STi. Been in contact with a few dealers, just wanted to see if anybody has some useful information for deals or places to check out
. Thanks....

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
auto water sprayer

....maybe try Crabtree Subaru in Shelton CT...don't know if that is too far.

I got mine there. I couldn't ask for a better buying experience.

The contact is Ray Baldwin (Internet guy). Web site is www.crabtreesubaru.com.

They were under invoice...

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Normally, if you're out of the state, you'll pay the taxes in the state where you live when registering. Some states do collect the taxes and forward to the state where you live. The dealer should normally handle all the paperwork. Check with them first.

In my case, I bought in Connecticut and live in Wisconsin. Thus, I paid nothing to CT and paid my 5.5% (WI rate), registration fees, plates etc. to Wisconsin when registering the car. Absolutely, no hassle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can put you in touch with the guy I bought my STi from, he is in staten island so from NJ is not far. He will give you a good deal and is a repectable sales guy. IM or PM me if you want his info.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine was bought from Becker in Allentown, PA. No problems with a regional dealer. They did all the paperwork, I paid NJ taxes, took my paperwork and insurance to the inspection place and in less than 5 minutes had the new car 4 year inspection sticker.

I went to them because they were selling less than anyone (NNJ dealers still wanted MSRP, Becker was at invoice). Also they were great to deal with - they included things like the SOA manuals and such on my sales ticket at their cost. The last plus is that my ride was late getting me there but the sales guy and even the owner stayed past closing waiting for me. Definitely worth the trip - if you go there tell them Ed sent you.

Also Paisan on this board knows a Staten Island dealer that gives great deals - also tell him Ed sent you.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yes, I also heard great things about Beckers..
Where in NJ are you looking to purchase?
I went to ramsey and almost bought my STi there, but they wanted $2k more than I wanted to spend (with trade-in and all)..
Liberty @ Oradell & Town Subaru are closest to me in Northern NJ, but both are pretty stubborn with their prices, or so people saying..
Good Luck with your purchase..

·
Registered
10 Posts
i bought mine 2wks ago from Bill Kolb Subaru in Orangeburg, NY..its on rt.303. 845-359-7777. They were decent on the trade in on my 02 wrx wagon...they had at least 5-10 stis in stock. They are starting at 29 and change and with options like turbo gauge, armrest extension, and auto dim mirror out the door $30,900.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i'm in nyc

I'm in baltimore , If anyone is interested I'll give as much ACCURATE INFO as possible. just drop me a line.

Ron

Hunt Valley Subaru
cell 443-910-4339
or pm me

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the Sunday Star Ledger, Oradell Subaru, what looked like a silver one for $28,296. Just one listed with VIN.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"In the Sunday Star Ledger, Oradell Subaru, what looked like a silver one for $28,296. Just one listed with VIN."
Are you sure you saw it for that price or 29,296 or else that is just a god deal i would say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it was 29,296 I would not have bothered posting. Take a look on Ebay -- you see new ones going for less than $29,000 albeit some with mileage up to 3,000.

·
Chuck taught me everything I know
504 Posts
dano said:
If it was 29,296 I would not have bothered posting. Take a look on Ebay -- you see new ones going for less than $29,000 albeit some with mileage up to 3,000.
Also in the Record for 28,296. AMDMAX what are you waiting for? Go get yourself one... :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Considering they have an 800 number I would definitely check Becker in Allentown - could never hurt. They saved me thousands making the drive to Allentown from NNJ near the city well worth it. My ride got lost picking me up and I got there a half hour after they closed and not only was Bob Pavone the sales guy still waiting for me - so was Mr. Becker the owner! These guys who had never met me cut me the deal over the phone and held the car at the agreed upon price with a $500 deposit over the phone. (PS they held it for three weeks while I awaited an insurance payout on my prior stolen/totaled WRX)

In October when all the NNJ dealers insisted on sticker - Becker was selling them with boost gauge (gag), alarm (joke) and auto-dimming mirror (must have) for $29,043 - and it had a single digit on the odometer.

I think better deals can be found in both NNJ and likely even at Becker now to those who use their connections and put the effort in looking around up front.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts