IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other STI owners in the Southern Indiana area? I have been told by coworkers of a Black/Gold STI in the Evansville area. I would like to meet up with other owners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Evansville and own the blue/gold Sti. I've hear of a second STi in the area but I not seen it. I have seen a Black EVO. Received my STi Oct 03, I have 2200 miles first oil change and Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 tires.
Second WRX. My every day car.

Jerry

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a Blue/Silver STi in Mt. Vernon as well. I have not seen the Black/Gold in EVV yet. I currently have a MY03 WRX, shopping for a White STi. According to a Romain salesman, they will be getting four STi's soon. None of them white. Looking at going to NY or CT. to pick one up. Can't wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe there are four in the area. Blue/Silver in Mt. Vernon, Black/Gold in Henderson, Blue/Gold on the west side and Silver/Silver (me), well its Silver/Gunmetal for the winter. We need a White in the tri-state! I hope you can track one down!

Zach

·
Registered
16 Posts
Zaxlab,
I'm going to try and talk your dad into buying some winter tires for me next Christmas. :wink: By the way...do you keep your STi in the garage when you are at work? I came by a couple of weeks ago to show the wife what the STi looks like in silver, but no car in sight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Brown,

Maybe i'll trade you winter tires for some autocross lessons! I usually keep it in the garage but its outside today. If you come by and its not parked outside just knock on the door and i'll open the garage. Here is a pic i took the other night...sorry so big!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Went a little crazy with exhaust tonight

lalartu, zaxlab, gmcdowell, The deal is done. I should pick up my White/Silver STi the end of this month. Definitly want to meet up in EVV and discuss upgrades etc...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. I didn't realize that there are so many STIs in the area. I've been away from the forum a long time. I sold the Blue/Silver last December and plan to get another one soon. I was driving a white 2003 Cobra at the Snow Buster auto-X at Washington square mall a month ago. I would like to met up with the two STI owners that attended. I'm selling the Cobra this week and making plans to purchase a Blue/Gold sometime this summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
lalartu (Derek)...I was wondering where you went. I hadn't seen the STi for awhile. I'm dealing with Romain and a few others to trade the Blue Pig in on a 2005 STi. There is much speculation on possible changes. Did you trade in the STi on the Cobra? I think Zaxlab, silver STi, is planning on autocrossing frequently this year. Mario, the guy in the blue STi with graphics, will most likely be there as well. But you never know what he will be driving.
There are some who call me Tim?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why do the brits use such high weight motor oils

Tim, I'm looking for a Blue/Gold with no options this time around. I had planned to hit every Auto-x this year. I sold the STI to one of the forum members at a loss. It took selling the STI than buying what I thought was a better/faster car to realize that the STI is king of Auto-X and open track racing. The quality control of the STI kicks the S#$T out of the Cobra. Mario seems to be the MOD king in the area. I would like to meet up with him, the exhaust on his car sounds mean. I have 2 of his runs on video from the Washington Mall auto-x.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Derek,

I recently installed the GT Spec Header, Godspeed DP and Blitz Nur Spec R. This combo is extremely loud but can be lessened with the use of a silencer. If youd like to hear it you're more than welcome to (just pm me).

Zach

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zaxlab, gmcdowell, bluepigracing,
I will be back in the club tomorrow. I'm picking up the Blue/Gold from Romain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lalartu... You have had two STi's and I've had none!!! Now you have to go through the pain of the 1K break-in. My current wife has talked me into waiting for a 2005. I don't know how much longer I can wait. What did you do with the Cobra?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sold the Cobra last Thursday and picked up the STI on Saturday. The gold wheels are the way to go. This STi has the Subaru 6 disc premium sound system already in it. I'm being a bit more aggressive with the break in on this one. The car will be ready for the next Auto-X in Lawrenceville. I hope to see you there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lalartu, I saw the plate on this and wondered if it was your original STi?

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9199[/url]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is it Tim. Funny, I thought he had enough sense to change that plate after purchasing the car. I hope he dosen't get pulled over, that plate has not been valid in months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Should be picking it up Friday or Saturday.

Lalartu, I need to get some info from you about a few aftermarket parts. Where did your dead pedal cover and front license plate cover come from?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts