IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I´m living at Japan right now. Have googled all the internet, but didn´t find any English Forum related to JDM STIs, for people living in Japan. I´m asking it because as I don´t speak japaneses, a japaneses forum doesn´t count. So if there are other people here that live in Japan, please, call me.
I just have bought my first Subaru (2006 JDM STi), just imagine, Newbie to Subaru, don´t talk japanese, even english isn´t my first language (but i can survive), so... If anyone knows of a forum like this (english and specific to JDM STis), will help me a lot.

Sorry, don´t know if this is the right section, but coudn´t find any other better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
check subiecrew.com , ask for an invite to join . Its an english forum with JDM and singapore subarus , sti ,wrx , legacy , forrester

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can also try subaruclubsg.com. Quite a few of the members either have or had JDM subarus and would be able to help.

·
Registered
252 Posts
cheers!!!

im from japan (though not japanese)... speak quite fluent japanese, etc.

got my 08 STI last May - first car (first license), first manual tranny, and had my first mods a few weeks back (BLITZ Nur Spec DT, throttle controller, SUS cone-type Air Cleaner LM). may get the HKS EVC by EOM (there is a sale at Autobacs), and the TEIN suspensions by EOY.

btw, im driving my STI with the required beginners' mark (yellow/green sticker)...

btw, you can also try the 3gwrx forums (they have JDMs, as well as members also living in Japan)...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thanks all for the reply!

No doubt it´s a great forum, for sure!

I´m going to check theses forums.

alfredjp: I´m in japan for just 3 months, get my license one month ago. hehe But I haven´t to use the beginner´s mark because I already have my license on my last country for more than 5 years. But need to get used with the oposite driving direction. hehe

What is the best cost/effective Engine Manager to use with our cars here in Japan? I used to use Unichip (On Brazil) in my cars, but know nothing here in Japan.

Very thanks to all again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
rikawa, i spoke to the admin at subiecrew.com , and an invite will be sent out to u ,check your e-mail , if u are having any problems let me know .

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi, thanks all for the reply!

No doubt it´s a great forum, for sure!

I´m going to check theses forums.

alfredjp: I´m in japan for just 3 months, get my license one month ago. hehe But I haven´t to use the beginner´s mark because I already have my license on my last country for more than 5 years. But need to get used with the oposite driving direction. hehe

What is the best cost/effective Engine Manager to use with our cars here in Japan? I used to use Unichip (On Brazil) in my cars, but know nothing here in Japan.

Very thanks to all again!
Your staying in Japan for only 3 months and you have a STi?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your staying in Japan for only 3 months and you have a STi?
Arrived in japan three months ago. Get my Lincese, and bought a STi. I think it´s a nice car, 4 doors, trunk, relative new (2005 with 6000kms), a car that I can use everyday if necessary. My dream car is a 2008 GT-R, but can´t afford one yet, so I was in doubt between a STi or a Evo, as I found this very new STI and bought very cheap, I didn´t think twice. This is my first subaru, Hope I´ll Enjoy, never driven one before this. hehe

·
Registered
252 Posts
Arrived in japan three months ago. Get my Lincese, and bought a STi. I think it´s a nice car, 4 doors, trunk, relative new (2005 with 6000kms), a car that I can use everyday if necessary. My dream car is a 2008 GT-R, but can´t afford one yet, so I was in doubt between a STi or a Evo, as I found this very new STI and bought very cheap, I didn´t think twice. This is my first subaru, Hope I´ll Enjoy, never driven one before this. hehe
nah - ive heard that the engine is not really that good... also, it has a comparitively higher insurance premiums than the STI.

also, the EVO is getting is getting flack in that only those "knowing how to drive AT... or, with an AT-only license" get it, and end up in big accidents because they "over"-trusted the electronics.

NOTE: Yes, in Japan - there is what is called an "AT-only" license, and you are only allowed to drive an AT vechile...

·
Registered
252 Posts
the GT-R? Nissan wouldnt even allow any test drives... c'mon, Porsche/BMW/Benz/Audi/Lotus, etc. all allow test drives on their car, even those that are way too expensive than the GT-R...

its like *rant ahead* - Nissan: "ooohhh.... my precious GT-R... no, you cant test drive it... im worried if something happens to it..."

·
Registered
252 Posts
most people in "minkara" (the most popular site for user reviews) go for OrientWork's "Result Magic."

theyve had lots of demo camps here in Tokyo this past month... they'll install the manager to your car, then you drive it around the block for at least an hour... if you like, you pay for it; if not, they take it back.

my friend had it in his Civic Type R, and now feels/moves/acts more like a real race car!

id actually get one if i had the money (im getting it in DEC - x'mas present)!

cheers!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
most people in "minkara" (the most popular site for user reviews) go for OrientWork's "Result Magic."

theyve had lots of demo camps here in Tokyo this past month... they'll install the manager to your car, then you drive it around the block for at least an hour... if you like, you pay for it; if not, they take it back.

my friend had it in his Civic Type R, and now feels/moves/acts more like a real race car!

id actually get one if i had the money (im getting it in DEC - x'mas present)!

cheers!!!
Yeah, good to know. Do u know how the tuning is made? It's just a new program/chip, or they made a new map, based on dyno tuning(that's what I always used, and will use as possible)? Sorry for my english.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rikawa - So what is your native language? Where r u from?
Good luck with your searches...
Hi, I´m Brazilian (Japanese Decendent), speake Portuguese and a bit of English. Thanks!

rikawa- we can order you some JDM parts used or new ? Hope you already have this JDM STi Mesh Grille 06-07 [HM06GC] right ? :)
Hi, for now, I think I won´t be able to send any parts outside japan. Mainly because of my work, don´t have too much free time, sorry. But in the future, I think will be possible. I think

Is that hard to get JDM parts there?

I think I already have this part, because it´s stock for the JDM Sti, isn´t it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
rikawa!

I'm from Brunei but as per the nature of my work, i go to Japan sometimes.. At the end of September, i'll be somewhere in Yokohama! :) Unfortunately, i will be on foot (o_O)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts