IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its a stupid topic and well I am like very two faced on this thing.

I like the element in its ways and then i also like the STi what to choose when you want both...

I feel my car is not practical enough, so how about all you 4 door subaru owners does it get better with that and does the new impreza feel bigger than the old one

I own the 98 RS and would like to have something a bit bigger than what i drive now, so that 4 people can sit comfy and space to drag all gear up to mountain for snowsports or 2-3 people for mountain biking...

will a STi look stupid with permantly mounted roof racks?
I use my mountain bike year around so I always have bike carrier and most of the year have ski attachment on too....

help me out boyz :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
i was thinking of the same thing but my other vehicle was VW touareg.

anyway if you go mountain bike and sking a lot, the choice would be an Element. Please DO NOT put a bike rack on the STi.

Jack

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey yxan2, c'mon now...how can you give up all that performance. I'm sure you can make do with a little less room, though you should remember not to listen to this :evil: side of your conscious, or conscience or whatever.....man this is a hard word to spell:p

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally saw the facelifted WRX on the tv..

I love performance dont get me wrong, but here in Colorado every S4 with an outdoor junkie owning it there is a rack hehe and ive seen the oddest car combos with roof racks on so I guess I will just have to get used to it

Ive seen RX-7's with racks, boxters etc etc :)

I guess here its legitimate to have em

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I think you just anwered your own question then. Get the STi and get a roof-mounted rack. I lived in Colorado for most of my life and I can understand. There is nothing wrong with a rack on the STi. I won't do it, but to each their own..b/c the only thing that matters is you're happy with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would definitely go with the STi/mounted roof rack combination. If someone laughs at you or trys to say how dumb it looks, just blow their doors off. Besides, imagine how some dude driving a vette with his gf in the passenger seat would feel when he pulls up next to you at a stop light and he sees you with a couple of bikes sittin on top, and then he tries to gun it and gets his izass smoked. :eek:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
LOL

You know though..this topic is as idiotic as the topic of the STi vs a sportsbike...

C'mon!!!! If you really are questioning the Element vs the STi..get the Element. It sounds to me like you like a performance car, but want practicality. If that's the case..get a WRX wagon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I personally am also thinking of a hitch mount. The hitch can be used for other applications, such as pulling ur racing tires and equipment to a track. Try going on a highway with slicks!! LOL!! Wasnt a good idea at ALL!. Yakima has almost every hitch mount rack possible. Bikes, snowboards, etc etc. And the hitch mount will only weigh 40 lbs, not to mention you wont accidently scratch you [email protected]! :eek:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Hitch

deneed4spd said:
I personally am also thinking of a hitch mount. The hitch can be used for other applications, such as pulling ur racing tires and equipment to a track. Try going on a highway with slicks!! LOL!! Wasnt a good idea at ALL!. Yakima has almost every hitch mount rack possible. Bikes, snowboards, etc etc. And the hitch mount will only weigh 40 lbs, not to mention you wont accidently scratch you [email protected]! :eek:
That's what I would do. :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
91TB78 said:
You know though..this topic is as idiotic as the topic of the STi vs a sportsbike...

C'mon!!!! If you really are questioning the Element vs the STi..get the Element. It sounds to me like you like a performance car, but want practicality. If that's the case..get a WRX wagon.
atleast i said it was stupid upfront :) I compare a gazzillion cars to STi be it apples to oranges... I always come back to the STi though, as im very willing to do sacrfices to drive the STi

:)

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
I assume this is supposed to be a joke...performance aside...have you seen the Element? It's UGLY!

If you want to see the STi with a roof rack check this photochopped pic out:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/56748615/57034719OXgRNl

Someone at the Petersen Preview kinda scoffed at my idea of a roof rack on an STi and no one here backed up his scoffing...so I assume he's just ign'ant. :lol:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
yxan2 said:
91TB78 said:

atleast i said it was stupid upfront :) I compare a gazzillion cars to STi be it apples to oranges... I always come back to the STi though, as im very willing to do sacrfices to drive the STi

:)
This is true. I really wasn't trying to rag on you..just a goofy topic. Of course as a consumer you do need to do these apples and oranges comparisons. I haven't compared something like the Element to the STi, but I have compared other cars and keep coming back to the STi. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts