IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friendly hello to all on this exciting forum.Can anyone help me find a link to download an sti operating manual as I have aquired a grey import from Japan directly.The vehicle is a WRX STi Sports Wagon 2001 model GGB.Also the vehicle is fitted with a limiter ,which ecu would map out this feature ?We have the Unichip & http://www.chiplogic.co.za available in South Africa & would any of the experienced subie owners recomend prolong for added protection ?
any assistance will apreciated ! thanks

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Prolong as in the engine additive? If so, NO. Don't use that crap. If the stuff was so great engine oil companies would add it to their oil and sell it as "now containing xxxx additive". Just use a good synthetic oil and you should be ok. In fact use all synthetic lubricants in the car.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.Any suggestion as to where an operating manual can downloaded ??I need to know what procedures to follow ,if any ,on Turbo shut down procedures or can I switch off immediately after a long trip ??
Thanks once again.

·
Registered
866 Posts
New SUBARU Dealer on 104th

Never just turn off a turbo charged car. You have to let it idle for at least a minute, more if you were really working the turbo. The best thing you could do is get a turbo timer. It'll save you the hassle of having to wait while the turbo cools off by running the engine until a predetermined time is met and then turning off.

I can't help with your manual hunt.

S

·
0 Posts
I have found Subaru to be helpful when asked. Try contacting them at the following site, (button on the lower right hand side "contact us"):
http://www.subaru.com/home.html

The last time I tried this sort of thing it took them a couple of weeks to respond, but it paid off. I was given a name and email address to the correct person/department within Subaru. Let us know how your search is going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts