IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Experience w/Beechmont Subaru in Cinci?

I was looking around for a 1/16 scale model STI and I haven't found one yet. I was wondering if anyone ever saw one or new where to get one. I found plenty of WRX's and old STI's but no 2004's.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got one of the FUJIMI 1/24 models for Christmas. It looks pretty good. It only has the right-hand drive console but the interior details are nice.

·
Registered
858 Posts
short-sleeved t-shirts are in...

did you folks know about the transformer model right? i has the right right rims. but since it's a solberg monte carlo car, it has the multi element wing...

cost me like $65 from a japanese importer...

·
Registered
586 Posts
:eek: Let's see a thread where you show us all of you models. :D
Holy cow they look nice!
Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
Are they all diecast? You should start building 'em. ;)
My friend builds model cars, he just built a Mercedes CLK-GTR that is so realistic that if you saw a picture of it, you would think it was a real car! He put a lot of custon work into it, laser-etched parts, spark plug wires and even tiny toggle switches on the dash. I'll try to get pictures. :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Eclipse and Civic are die cast the rest are 1/24 scale plastic models that I built over the years. The two that are not in cases are just toys that I keep there so people can play with them. This way it keeps the fragile ones safe.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow, very nice. I've helped my friend build a few models, the last one was interesting. Actually it was one you did, the Shelby Series 1. We mixed up an awesome colorshifting purple/silver paint. It looked gorgeous, then the paint dried and got all lumpy and wrinkled. :-? Oh well, it looked good for a few minutes.
Have you tried mixing paints? That Shelby was the first time we had mixed two metallics, that may have been the problem.

·
Registered
411 Posts
In those situation, I go with auto paint. Sand the entire car and put on a coat of primer. Like I did for the Viper, emerald green metallic with gold flakes. The picture is a little dark but it's real cool when you move it around in the light.

·
Registered
586 Posts
ah HA, that would definitely make a difference. We used regular model paint on that one, I tried to talk Brent into using auto paint. But his priorities in modeling are his airplanes. So after $300+ into a 3 foot long F-16, there's not much coin left over for car paint. :roll: And all his modeling time now is into a metal finish Connie. Oh, well...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I think they're supposed to be 18" prodrives....

And I painted the brakes gold instead of red in honor of the STi's brembos. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts