IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let anyone know who's interested in these that Rallispec.com just received their shipment today; $368 plus S/H.
Others have posted pictures and are saying that the ride is not worse, (perhaps even better), and that the lowering is approx. 1".
Myles, (944 TurboGuy), from NASIOC raved on these when he had them installed.
Bish

Mods. I hope this doesn't violate forum rules, delete as necessary, but these springs are very hard to come by. I am in no way associated with Rallispec.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scuba Steve,
The car looks great!!
I should have mine by the end of the week and I'll try and have them installed ASAP.
Did you do the install yourself or have a Subaru dealer/specialty store install them for you?
Did you wait a few days for things to 'settle' prior to having an alignment done?
Comments on the street ride of the springs?
Thanks,
Bish

·
Registered
804 Posts
thebishman said:
Scuba Steve,
The car looks great!!
I should have mine by the end of the week and I'll try and have them installed ASAP.
Did you do the install yourself or have a Subaru dealer/specialty store install them for you?
Did you wait a few days for things to 'settle' prior to having an alignment done?
Comments on the street ride of the springs?
Thanks,
Bish
I installed them myself with the help of a friend.
I got an alignment the next day.
Ride is slightly, I mean very slightly stiffer than stock, I love the ride.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Scuba_Steve said:
Highley recomended! Great springs.
ah! scuba! *much* better (and convincing) pictures than the set you showed earlier (in your garage). i can now really see the 1+" lowering all 'round.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dayem!...I am sooooooo tempted, but common sense tells me to wait till spring comes around...as in the season! ;)

...although it would still be cool to pimp around in a foot of snow! :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
thebishman said:
Who did your alignment and what were the final results, numbers wise at all 4 corners?
A friend did the alignment at a Toyota dealership. I wanted -1.2 camber on all for corners with 0.00 toe and the best we could do was -1.18 LF, -1.09 RF, -1.52 LR, -1.14 RR with 0.00 toe. We tried to straighten the LR with no luck, I need some camber bolts to fix that. With the Whiteline ALK my caster went from 3.82 left, 3.96 right to 4.46, 4.82. I'm very happy with the results considering I had roughly -.5 degree camber before. Cars definitely handles even better now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: STi Caliper Paint peeling off?

Dayem!...that just looks so tight!!!

...aaaaaahhhhh, WTF, I might just order!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
for sale: 2 Kicker L7 subs in a custom made box

That is just an amazing look you have there SS. Sleek....clean....and looks like it would punch you in the teeth for no good reason other than you looked at it!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ultimate STI Irony...

Hey Rob would you use these? I remember you posting, that you would not change the suspension unless there was something better than what we get stock. Do these live up to your expectations? In other words would you use these? I am asking only because I feel the same way as you do. I have lowered two of the cars I've owned and yeah they handle better but they rattle more and the suspension components
(tie rods,bushings,etc) wear quicker. I value your opinion and I would not use these unless they were good enough for you

·
Registered
467 Posts
Japanese Prodrive version owner...at last!

Did you swap out the trunk, or is the tail just unbolted?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hispanics said:
Hey Rob would you use these? I remember you posting, that you would not change the suspension unless there was something better than what we get stock. Do these live up to your expectations? In other words would you use these? I am asking only because I feel the same way as you do. I have lowered two of the cars I've owned and yeah they handle better but they rattle more and the suspension components
(tie rods,bushings,etc) wear quicker. I value your opinion and I would not use these unless they were good enough for you
Yes, I like these springs and plan to do them sometime in the near future. The only reason I like them is because they are STi made, mated to the stock shocks. Honestly, I think these should have been the springs we got stock.....

·
Registered
467 Posts
What's involved in swapping them in? Does one need a spring compressor?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Perrin Crank Pulley results

Yup, spring compressor is a must. Don't try to rig them up otherwise....I've seen pictures of people who lost arms because a spring shot loose on em.

Otherwise, air tools would be a big help.....and just your usual hand tools.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob,
I just received my STi 'Pinks' yesterday. Who would you suggest I get to install them for me, my local Subaru dealer or an independent store like the Goodyear at 135th and Quivera? I just don't have the time or inclination to do the install myself.
Plus, should I have an alignment done at the time of spring install, or wait say a day or two for things to 'settle', then have the alignment?
TIA,
Bish

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
A day or two after installation and about 20-30 miles of driving is a pretty good idea. . . . it allows those new springs to settle and "break in" a bit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts