IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not make up my mind.
Which one would you take? (yea yea of course STI you say)

EVO 9 SE - best price I got so far is $32,400 (NYC area)
STI Limited - $33,400

Or my last option is MazdaSpeed3 to save some money.

What do you think?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
I would buy an STI over the Limited and Evo.................The Evo 9 will handle better than the limited...I would go with the Evo 9 over the limited.....just my .02c

·
Registered
160 Posts
Of course I'm biased but...

I am loving my Limited. The interior is finished SO nicely, I enjoy the more "luxury" features more every day, and above and beyond that it's an STi! It's just the perfect car for me.

I think the car you decide on really depends upon what you need and want from your car. There are certain things that I really like about the Evo, but if I had to stare at that interior every time I drove I'd scratch my own eyes out. Just my personal preference though, which is that I think everybody's decision should ultimately be based on.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
limited is under the radar and more luxurious.

evo is more flashy, responds to mods very well and handles better.

but has a ****ty warraty

·
Registered
211 Posts
if it was 2004 i'd take the STi but since then the STi has gotten softer and fatter and has added longer 2nd and 3rd gear...the EVO has kept the same lb's and gained more power..if i was in the market today i would get EVO 9 without a doubt

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
sti or sti limited; i think the evo is a good car, but its made a crappy auto company

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'd probably get the MS3, because I don't like to spend money... unless you caught me at a weak point, then I'd either get the EVO or the STi.

edited for content

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I would say go with the STI, but I also have to disagree saying mitsu is a crappy car company, IMO Subaru is a better car company, but my opinion of crappy would be ford

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Man, I hate to say it, but if you were looking for good biased advice... you came to the wrong place. Obviously most of us here are going to prefer the STi for whatever reason.

But between the STi and the EVO, you really can't go wrong. They're both incredible cars.

As far as the MS3, I love it too... and I know it's a quick, great looking car. But it's totally a personal decision of whether or not you want to spend more or less money. I don't think you'll find the performance of the car to be up to the standards set by the other two, but the MS3 is certainly an incredibly fun car with a good engine.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Mykl said:
I'd probably get the MS3, because I'm Jew-like when it comes to money... unless you caught me at a weak point, then I'd either get the EVO or the STi.
interesting choice of words referring to you being cheap.

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
How many trims does the Evo have now? You have to drive both cars so you can decide, tough choice to make - good luck.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
But between the STi and the EVO, you really can't go wrong. They're both incredible cars.
Yep. Just go and test both. IMHO, the EVO looks like a kit car compared to the more serious looking STI Limited.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Go with the Evo 9 SE (non-MR).

The SE comes in GSR and MR trim levels, but I think provides a better bang-for-the-buck in the GSR trim. If I had waited that's what I would have gotten. It comes with HIDS, aluminum roof, and BBS wheels...all 3 options why I chose the MR.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
*sigh* since I'm getting PM's... I'm sorry if anybody feels insulted by what I said. I don't feel that it's anything you wouldn't hear on prime time television, but if people here are more sensitive than that I'll restrict what I say.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts