IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had my STi key blank cutted by the dealer, but when I tried to start the car up, the key won't get through the keyhole: both the doors and ignition. Now the key cutter dude found out that the STi key is thicker than the master key, and "the only way" to make it fit would be grinding it.

So to all of you who has the STi key, did they fit right in or not?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
A friend of mine had an STi key cut for her WRX. It had no troubles fitting. However she did have problems finding a place that would cut the key since it is steel and most other keys are brass.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, the unthinkable happened today. The STi key fits today...but not last week. :roll: Problem solved, no help needed now. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Had it since July plus I'm new...

Are you saying that your spare key for the STi was not cut at purchase? When I got mine I had 2 identical keys plus the valet key.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Bitabur. Yes, that's the STi key. Very cool key but only if the blue plastic part is made with the same material as the silver part. :(

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Okay, might be a little OT. . .

But when I took delivery of my car last month, I got two black-ended, regular keys, one valet, and one STi key. All cut accordingly.

Have some of you been getting TWO STi keys and one valet with NO black keys? I'm confused. :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have some of you been getting TWO STi keys and one valet with NO black keys? I'm confused.
I got 2 regular, 1 valet, but NO STi key(s). :-?

·
Registered
326 Posts
mine came wiht
one STi key, one regular key with the black plastic, and one key with no plastic. also two remotes for hte alarm.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Evo's spoiler and STi's spoiler

key with no plastic is the valet key... should not fit in trunk or glove compartment keyholes.

T

·
0 Posts
Mine came with the 2 STi keys shown above already cut and 1 valet key as well as 2 alarm thingies.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Xman said:
A friend of mine had an STi key cut for her WRX. It had no troubles fitting. However she did have problems finding a place that would cut the key since it is steel and most other keys are brass.
ya same here, I gave my extra STi key to osiris for his WRX and a lady at a hole in the wall place cut it for $1... fits perfectly.

getzmo said:
Why cant my STI key and the original black key wont open my trunk?
that is a problem with the latch in the trunk... you will have to do a search, but basically you have to raise the plate so that it will open easier. Im sure someone can describe it better then that... at least it fixed my problem when I couldnt get the trunk open.

Robert~

1 - 20 of 20 Posts