IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm a 19 year old, new driver, and getting the STI. How much do you think my insurance will be per year? Please, give me your prices, and or estimates for your STI's..thanks a lot, this will be a big help.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Burn mark on blue rug....dohhhh!

Im 21 and my insurance per year is about $3800 a year. Thats even with having my mom being the sole driver of the car. Except to pay a pretty price for insurance. It won't be cheap.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Where r u people?
NY city and Northern NJ will be the MOST expensive and prices will fall as u move further..
Yes, it is highly recommended to insure under your parents name ONLY, since you will be automatically covered anyways, but if u get in 2 accidents - your insurance will realized who the driver is and will NOT cover u and might even bill u for previous damages, etc..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great Script

I'm 23, no points/accidents, insurance is in my name and I pay $2400 for two cars. Just the STI alone would've been $3000.

·
Registered
20 Posts
24 yr old male in southeastern mass... a little under $1200. No tckts (knock on wood) and no accidents. IT's my first vehicle. I think I may have slipped through the cracks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
she's got some nice mudflaps!

I need to switch my insurance company after seeing some of these.
25 yr old/2 points on my license/no accidents/$3000 a year

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm 22, and am the sole driver of the car...
$4200/yr...
(and that was the BEST quote..... :roll: )

It's not fun to pay that, but it's worth every cent to rip aroud in the STi.
-J

·
Registered
834 Posts
I am going to be 19 in a few months. I pay $3600/year for insurance in my name as the sole driver of the car. it is worth every penny. this car is just simply amazing in every way. my only words of advice are make sure this is what you want. you can get yourself into alot of trouble real fast if your not careful. and enjoy :lol:
anyways. I have my insurance through www.esurance.com they were the cheapest I found so far, but Erie insurance group is a little bit cheaper if you can get them to cover you. they dont like to cover younger drivers.
I also have a clean driving record except for one ticket where I was driving our work van and I was doing 42 in a 25. but thats because the cop was sitting right where the speed went from 35 down to 25 and I didnt notice so I was still cruisin along( I usually drive about 5 over with out anyone bothering me) he said because I was never pulled over before he would let me off easy. so he gave me a $104 ticket and wrote it up as not following a posted sign or somthing so I wouldnt get points and it wouldnt look like I was speeding. I have no accidents though. sorry for the book, haha but jsut thought I would let ya know maybe you can save some money through them I mean progressive wanted $3400 for six months, lmao and that was $1000 deductables. My bank requires $500 deductables or less so it would be a little bit cheaper yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts