IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first drive in the this morning (I have Nokian NRW on my car).
It was the coolest drive I have ever had in the snow.
I have never driven a sports car in the winter and to have a sports car with four wheel drive as my first experiance was WOW!!

I would love to hear from anyone that has lots of experinance driving a STI (or car simular) in the winter. I would love to know the does and don't of sporting around in the snow with 300 hp at my call.

:D

·
Registered
396 Posts
The only problem I've ever had with my 2002 WRX in the snow was when you slide the back end sideways into some deeper snow. The snow gets packed inside the wheel and becomes very unballanced at speeds above 35 MPH. For this reason I now carry a small stick to clean the snow out of the wheels when I'm done playing.

The Brembos on the front are probably tight enough to be self cleaning of snow, but I'm sure the rears will allow some snow build up.

AWD in snow with snow tires is awesome. Its so funny to watch the mustangs and such at stoplights.

-Lance

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I got it, it was funny.

·
Registered
26 Posts
well my STI is covered by snow. ill never take that car out during snow season, heck no! im driving the truck! Toyota Tacoma(???)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts