IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the call this afternoon. I picked it up with 8 miles and drove it to 33 miles. It is so sweet. I highly reccomend picking one up if you have the means. :D I signed the papers, parked it in the back of the dealer lot{under the roof}, locked it and armed the security. It was the wrong wheel color and there are four more coming in in the next 7-10 days so the dealer will swap wheels. I waited this long so a few extra days are no big deal. THE CAR IS MINE...................Muhahahahaha.

My TurboXS RFL TI and Perin short ram should be here by the time my wheels arrive. Time to read the manual now.

I am sooooo happy....sorry...I will shut up now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ECU Information

Congrats!! I hope the new wheels come in soon! As for aftermarket parts, I think I am going to hold of a while. Till teh break-in is done and we get some second-gen aftermarket parts available, I think.

Enjoy
Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
SupperPupp said:
As for aftermarket parts, I think I am going to hold of a while. Till teh break-in is done and we get some second-gen aftermarket parts available, I think.
I think exhaust and short ram are at least 2nd gen. They are the same on the STi and WRX.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Awesome! Which gauge pod did you end up getting? Is that the GodSpeed set? Very nice looking.....

Got mine sitting in the garage now.....I smell a KC STi meet here soon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm working on it guys. Trying to find a free weekend to make it happen unless everyone would prefer an evening thru the week.

I've got a good house for entertainment but its an hour southeast of K.C.

Nic

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hummer said:
It is a Defi pod with Omori "STi Look" red illumination.
dood, you've gotta give us more info on that. i'm eager to replace that silly clock with a cluster but was holding out for red backlight. i'd appreciate any link. better yet, how about a post in "sti interior"? thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hummer said:
It is a Defi pod with Omori "STi Look" red illumination.
Wow, nice ride Hummer! Where did ou purchase the gauge set? Is that Alpine a 9815?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I've liked the look of that HU for a long time and it does seem to be the most popular unit around.

Damn it.....might need to look elsewhere to be different!

·
Registered
75 Posts
wow that looks good. BOV next maybe? silver was a good choice too! 8)

how worried are u about the warranties?

·
Registered
146 Posts
SupperPupp said:
Off topic, but anyone know why the 9815 is so much more than the Pioneer model that looks pretty silimar?
They may look similar but they really are not similar in features at all. First off seems the Pioneer does not play MP3s. That's a huge difference for me. IMO the Pioneer doesn't look very good either. The Alpine plays MP3s, has more power, much better s/n ratio and the Alpine has the i-personalize feature. Check their webpage for a full description.

This model compares to the Pioneer you mentioned.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-z3aly6JWoaf/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&c=3&g=300&I=500CDA9807

1 - 16 of 16 Posts