IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: my 2006 sti is averaging 235 miles per fuel tank is this normal??

the light comes on at about 215 miles.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
How do you drive? I drive hard and on some tanks only get 175 miles, usually i get about what you get with mixed driving.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I use to average that when I would do some highway driving. Now I only average about 180 with a little highway driving. I have a heavy foot ;).

·
Registered
37 Posts
There's a light? :confused:

I never let my tank get below 1/4 full.

If the car's not broken in, or just barely broken in, mileage will be way worse. My WRX didn't break 200 miles on its first tank of gas, even doing the "proper" break-in, got about 19 MPH mixed city/highway for the first 4K miles or so, I doubt my STI did much better if not worse, but that was partly because of the crappy soft-sidwalled all seasons I had to put on it right after I bought it, for winter.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
ikos said:
:mad: my 2006 sti is averaging 235 miles per fuel tank is this normal??

the light comes on at about 215 miles.
Change your driving habits. Its ok to drive for fuel economy sometimes.:lol:

·
Registered
607 Posts
shift round 2-3 rpms...youll save gas....i freakin waste 1/2 tank on average each day..so i fill up every 2 days..but i have a lead foot

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Yep, lead foot here as well. Though I've found with highway driving and staying off of boost significantly increases my gas mileage. I think the farthest I've gone on one tank was 280 miles, and the lowest was 200. I usually average around 240.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I hit 330 on my road trip to Topspeed for my tune. Def didn't get that on the way back though.:devil:

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
davemeister said:
There's a light? :confused:

I never let my tank get below 1/4 full.

If the car's not broken in, or just barely broken in, mileage will be way worse. My WRX didn't break 200 miles on its first tank of gas, even doing the "proper" break-in, got about 19 MPH mixed city/highway for the first 4K miles or so, I doubt my STI did much better if not worse, but that was partly because of the crappy soft-sidwalled all seasons I had to put on it right after I bought it, for winter.
Yup, gotta let the car break in properly and then put some miles on to get the gas mileage higher. Im glad your not the only one who has never seen the gas light. Im to afraid to go under a 1/4 tank and have the junk on the bottom mixed in.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Like the others have said, gas mileage is directly related to your right foot. For what it's worth, I usually get about 250 to a tank and that is mixed driving (interstate, city, traffic, and of course, some WOT runs.)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
ill lone all of you my s4. 17 gallon tank from which i have yet to get more than 250miles !! and forget driving hard: i once wasted a whole tank of gas in 1 hour of hard backroads driving.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i get 23 to 24 mpg. i play with it all the time.

i shift between 3 and 4 most times. occasionally i'll shift at 3 around town. and 5 ro 6 getting on the highway.

but the real kicker is highway speed. instead of going 80, take it down to 70. if you run at 65 or lower you'll get crazy gas mileage on the highway.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts