IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a clue what kind of production numbers or how long Subaru is planning on keeping the STI around. It's looking like it's only gonna be a couple of years with this limited number sh*t that they're doing in 04. Also, do we have any idea on future improvements... suspension, diffs, colors??

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
prolly 05-06, then wrx gets replaced and possibly all new STi for 2007/8...
Nobody knows for sure.. Keep eyes open for Saab also..

·
Registered
396 Posts
At one point on I-club, before this site existed, somebody acquired a top secret fax from subaru with a timeline of what will be released and when for the next several years. It included the Baja, STI, and some other goodies. I don't have a copy so I don't know whats yet to come. At the time, subaru got control of the thread on I-club and all threads about it were removed. It is now a hush hush thing there, and maybe here too. Somebody knows what will happen, but I doubt anybody can say anthing for fear of legal action from subaru about confidential info.

As per the schedule, the Impreza line will get a major update for the 2006 model year. The specs may not change much but I bet the body style will change a lot. Much like the changes for the 2002 model year - its a 4 year cycle.

-Lance

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Except that they changed it pretty significantly for 2004 also.... which doesn't really follow the pattern.

It sucks when they change body styles, because the older ones automatically become an older generation, and worth less for resale.

BTW cool fax, hehe.

·
Registered
396 Posts
bitabur said:
Except that they changed it pretty significantly for 2004 also.... which doesn't really follow the pattern.
Are you talking the body lines of the Impreza for 2004? If so, they had to do something to get sales back up world wide. They bug-eye look went over great here in the US due to the release of the WRX. In places where they already had the WRX and STI, it was a flop. This was what they did to make it not bug-eyed anymore, yet not do a major redesign.

RaX said:
What fax?.
Sweet. I hadn't actually seen it before. Looks like next year we get the the USDM version of the B4 as a Turbo'd GT.

-Lance

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
pic3

It sucks when they change body styles, because the older ones automatically become an older generation, and worth less for resale
not always!! look at the Chevy Camaro or any Mustang or Corvette. the 1967-69 Camaros are so much more sought after than the newer styles. some bodystyles are always more popular. i hated the bug eyed WRX that came out last year. too cute. the new STi looks much more aggressive. who knows? maybe a next generation Sti will be ugly as sin and we'll have something worth holding onto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts