IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I please get some feedback on the lightweight STi flywheel? not the stock USDM one, but the upgraded "STi" part (im not going to rant about how our STi does not have STi parts. its a little annoying.) What areas of improvement does it offer? is it worth the several hundred dollars it costs?

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is a lightweight chrome-moly unit. Very nice but keep in mind that many aftermarket clutches come with a chrome-moly flywheel already. IT is recommended but make sure you know which clutch you plan on using first.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The published Suby literature says the USDM comes with a lightweight flywheel - and it feels like it too based on the rough idle that everyone's noticed (including myself). I'm not sure that anyone's going to volunteer to pull their flywheel and weigh it for us though...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I will do so shortly. As soon as my ATS triple plate carbon clutch is ready for me. :D I sincerely doubt our stock one is chrome-moly.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it is lightweight (by Subie standards). :D

But Chome-moly? Probably not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just out of curiosity Guru, how many miles does you sti have? Are you just putting in a stronger clutch, or have you worn the stock one out? I'm just curious as to how much abuse the stock clutch can take:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
GPMoto Turbo Back Exhaust

Guru said:
I will do so shortly. As soon as my ATS triple plate carbon clutch is ready for me. :D I sincerely doubt our stock one is chrome-moly.

Are the ATS carbon/Carbon? Price? I have seen the Tilton Carbon/Carbon and they are over 4K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts