IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for reference only your car might be different from mines so be careful and don't blow yourself up!!

Bought the ~$45 DW hard wire kit

1. Run Red power wire to Battery:
a. under car or
b.through rubber plug on driver side door (may have to cut wire due to size of fuse holder)

2. Run Black Ground wire to a ground:
a. I used the shiny loop bolt that is for baby seat restraint
b. Any verifiable ground will be due test with Ohm Meter or ground/power probe

3. Test your relay:

a. apply 12v to Blue Switch relay you should hear/feel an audible click. I did this by holding the metal prob pin into the power wire and brushed the Blue wire against to supply power.
b. Mount Relay.

4. (For my 2015 WRX STI Limited) I found the Fuel pump power wire was the Green/Yellow wire.

a. unwrap wire protector

b. cut Green/Yellow wire in middle between the metal cover and retainer clip
c. with connector of choice connect the Blue Switch relay to the ECU side of Green/Yellow wire shrink wrap it.

d. Connect the solid Yellow Power to Pump wire to the Green/Yellow wire that runs to the fuel pump, shrink wrap it.

5. Turn key to ON to ensure fuel pump activates.
6. If you heard pump start car.

I couldn't find a DIY for my year so i hope this helps others some. I wanted to run the Solid Yellow power wire to the fuel pump clip but wasn't able due to the connectors design.

On my 2015 STI fuel pump clip there was four wires to smaller ones for the fuel gauge, two larger ones for the pump itself. Green/Yellow was for power & Green/Red was for ground. I don't com on here much so hopefully this helps others. it helped my issues running a 3076 with 1600cc inj on a 345 pump. 18psi the pressure was dropping off high rpm causing the injector to compensate to the point of 90%+ duty cycle after kit install 77% duty cycle at high point. I got a DW400 on the way to make sure its a one an done for now. Good luck and happy boosting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

thanks for the best info, I been wanting to do the same.
was wondering if you have a final picture of how you did it everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is for reference only your car might be different from mines so be careful and don't blow yourself up!!

Bought the ~$45 DW hard wire kit

1. Run Red power wire to Battery:
a. under car or
b.through rubber plug on driver side door (may have to cut wire due to size of fuse holder)

2. Run Black Ground wire to a ground:
a. I used the shiny loop bolt that is for baby seat restraint
b. Any verifiable ground will be due test with Ohm Meter or ground/power probe

3. Test your relay:

a. apply 12v to Blue Switch relay you should hear/feel an audible click. I did this by holding the metal prob pin into the power wire and brushed the Blue wire against to supply power.
b. Mount Relay.

4. (For my 2015 WRX STI Limited) I found the Fuel pump power wire was the Green/Yellow wire.

a. unwrap wire protector

b. cut Green/Yellow wire in middle between the metal cover and retainer clip
c. with connector of choice connect the Blue Switch relay to the ECU side of Green/Yellow wire shrink wrap it.

d. Connect the solid Yellow Power to Pump wire to the Green/Yellow wire that runs to the fuel pump, shrink wrap it.

5. Turn key to ON to ensure fuel pump activates.
6. If you heard pump start car.

I couldn't find a DIY for my year so i hope this helps others some. I wanted to run the Solid Yellow power wire to the fuel pump clip but wasn't able due to the connectors design.

On my 2015 STI fuel pump clip there was four wires to smaller ones for the fuel gauge, two larger ones for the pump itself. Green/Yellow was for power & Green/Red was for ground. I don't com on here much so hopefully this helps others. it helped my issues running a 3076 with 1600cc inj on a 345 pump. 18psi the pressure was dropping off high rpm causing the injector to compensate to the point of 90%+ duty cycle after kit install 77% duty cycle at high point. I got a DW400 on the way to make sure its a one an done for now. Good luck and happy boosting.
I was wondering did you end up having a check light pop up? Code id P0230

1 - 3 of 3 Posts