IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have these floor mats that I see on e-bay all of the time? Are they cool or just a joke, they are the a little cheaper than the black canadian OEM ones, which I am leaning towards, if someone has the diamond plates let me know what you think of them, I am sure they are wicked easy to clean, which, I like.

·
Registered
586 Posts
ehhhh IMO diamond plate is worthless junk, it looks cool and had limited use as truck bed material though, despite how it's supposed to work, anything you set on it will slide all over the place.
If you use diamond plate for floor mats, your feet will be slipping all over place especially if you have any dirt on the mats. Just imagine a sheet of teflon, that's about it'll be like, especially if you rest your heels on the floor mats and operate the gas and clutch with your toes. Your heels will, most times, slip while operating the pedals, which is not a safe situation.
How do I know this? I've spent a summer driving a box truck with a diamond plate floor. It sucked so bad, after the first week, I bought nice floors mats for my own car and put my old mats in the truck.
:evil: Diamond Plate is Satan! :evil:

·
Registered
530 Posts
SOOO SLIPPERY! YOU'LL HATE IT!!! I still have the plastic that came with the car, and if my shoes are wet, I'm scared to brake, worries that it might slip there too. Dont do it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts