Ferrari 360 Modina
03 Cobra
NSX
Aston Martin Vanquish
Audi S6

·
Registered
347 Posts
All of those cars listed are close in at least one area, but most are wildly different in others. In what area are you looking to compare? Most of the car mags have pit the STi against the EVO, because they are closest in many areas. This is true to a great extent because they are both "rally inspired." The cars listed above are all sporty, but range wildly in power, price, handling, looks, and best driving surface (to name a few). Keep that in mind in your comparisons.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Agree with Crazytrain. Close opponents in terms of what? Straight-line acceleration? Handling on dry surface? Handling on wet surface? etc......

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
s2000? we have like 2x the amount of torque... and awd.... how does that compare at all? I know its small and handle pretty good, but ... other then being topless and chick factor, i dont know what it could do to the stI

Robert~

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
how about the srt-4?

i'm joking! the car writer for the washington post reviewed the srt-4 in this sunday's edition. he said to compare the srt-4 with the civic si, mazdaspeed protege, mitsu evo, and the sti. i send him a "have you lost your mind?" email. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
LOL @ static... yeah i can't think of anything for s2k vs sti =[ hey 4mla1fn, was it you that had that video archive of srt vs evo? has anyone seen that vid? i would like to know what that srt has... it made the evo look like poop =[

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
let us know what he replied..

4MLA1FN said:
how about the srt-4?

i'm joking! the car writer for the washington post reviewed the srt-4 in this sunday's edition. he said to compare the srt-4 with the civic si, mazdaspeed protege, mitsu evo, and the sti. i send him a "have you lost your mind?" email. :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
SRT-4's are a pretty good package considering they run under 20k.

I've seen them running under 13, and still probably for cheaper than an STi. I'm not saying I prefer them, because I'm planning on getting an STi, I'm just saying don't discount the srt4, because it's a nice car and a good value.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
bitabur said:

I've seen them running under 13, and still probably for cheaper than an STi. I'm not saying I prefer them, because I'm planning on getting an STi, I'm just saying don't discount the srt4, because it's a nice car and a good value.
Isn't the SRT4 Dodges' second quickest production car now?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i wouldnt be surprised, the only other CAR that I think they make that could beat it is the viper, but i bet that truck with the viper engine in it would take it to school along with that viper bike ;).

Robert~

·
Registered
41 Posts
matadorCE said:
Volvo S60R compares in drivetrain and engine power but it starts at 38K.
True that got 300HP (some say over rated) , but it ain't got no performance comapred to the STi. Most tests, people got 0-60 about 6 secs. The car doesnt' handle very well based on some subjective opinions. The car behaves like a FWD to boot. The concept of the car is great though.

At the same time the car starts at 38K, true. However it's got moonroof, 18 inch rims, 13 speakers 325watt sound system, nice leather seat, potentially safer due to heavier weight and being a bigger car. It is also more classy, a sleeper compared to the STi.

Personally I am considering both. The difference in price is not all that much in Canada. About $10000 US after tax. For that extra $10000 you do get more though.

I think I will wait a few month see how the ECU upgrade in holding up on the S60R. In the mean time... make do with my FWD Acura TL in the winter.

For me at least it is hard to choose between the two in Canada.

Oh, and if you look at the paddle on the S60R, it seems that it is pretty hard to heel and toe on that car... Just realized that, I think I will wait and check out the car in person when my dealer got one in...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
bitabur said:
i couldn't agree with you more. the performance-oriented neons (like the acr before this one) have been good cars. all i'm saying is it just seemed odd to have the sti in the same sentence as the civic and protege while overlooking the wrx.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Seat belts....

I know the evo is supposed to have a better suspension, but a friend of mine drove one and he said that a regular wrx handles better. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The only thing about the evo i think is better than the STi is the AYC (Active Yaw Control) which gives a power bias to the wheels on one side of the car or the other while turning... helps power the car around.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts