IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says car washes are not a good idea with our wing. Has anyone tried? Im to busy to wash my car every week now-a-days and I need to rely on a car wash. Please help! Maybe Ill be the first to try!

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's no way I'd ever trust a mechanical car wash. I've heard too many bad stories about them. Usually, If I dont have a lot of time during the week I'll do each step on a different day. For example, I'll wash it on Monday and Vacuum in on Wednesday or whenever I have a few extra minutes.

Jeff

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had found a good car wash that cleaned my TLs extreemly well. I will use it as long as the spoiler does not get hurt. The only thing that touches the top is one of those long cloths and at this wash its cut to allow it to flex and move a lot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I took my STi to a carwash only once and never again. I took it through a mechanical carwash before going down to the Jones Beach. After a pit stop I noticed that one side was scratched up with 4 hairline scratches about 5 inches long. The carwash scratched up my thin Subaru paint pretty good. I do not recommend going to a carwash for anyonwe since all the dirt and grime from the other cars will scratch your paintjob as you go through the "Brushless" washes. My car is getting spongebaths from now on. :wink:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dam it, thats just not good news! With 2 kids and a full tme job, I dont hav ethe time to wash my car all the time. I have noticed that the blue tends to look dirty quickly! I should have waited for silver!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Silver WRX Sti VII Pro Pack extra with over 350BHP

I have a blue STi also, and am a professional detailer. When you have a dark colored car, you want to wash it and wax it with the softest materials you can find. The darker the color, the more scratches it will show. Drive thru car washes are always a bad idea. So wash your car with a soft mitt and some non-abrasive soap, and even though you don't want to wax it at least once a month with a soft applicator and soft cloths to protect against surface scratches and more importantly ACID RAIN :evil:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
y2ks2k said:
With 2 kids and a full tme job, I dont hav ethe time to wash my car all the time. I have noticed that the blue tends to look dirty quickly!
i'm in the same boat; 2kids, wife and i are full-time. but i get out there once a week every sunday afternoon. if i do miss a week, i try to at least clean the wheels. that brake dust is a true pain, but cleaning them alone makes the car look so much better.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know about y'all's(?) respective cities but we've got a couple of "hand-wash" places that actually use a hose and mitts.........search out a place like this and do it on the way home or at lunch :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took mine to a local car wash in san antono. They said it was not their fault if the machine ripped off the wing! Hand washing for me......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts