IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is anyone having problems with the paint coming off their Brembo's?

Mine is coming off near the bleeders. It reminds me of when you put paint stripper on metal, kinda shrinking and bubbleing?

Shouldn't the paint be resistant to brake fluid? I have been very careful when bleeding and cleaning the valves afterwards?

Anyone else?

Anyone know where to get paint to match?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
bcristea said:
hi brian. long time. bummer we couldn't meet back in june. in any case, there was a thread about brembo paint. check here. dunno how helpful it will be. one nice thing about our brakes is that they're on the 350z, the g35, and the grand prix; i.e. lots of demand for pads and paint.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4MLA1FN said:
bcristea said:
hi brian. long time. bummer we couldn't meet back in june. in any case, there was a thread about brembo paint. check here. dunno how helpful it will be. one nice thing about our brakes is that they're on the 350z, the g35, and the grand prix; i.e. lots of demand for pads and paint.
Hey,

Long time! It would have been nice to get together but I could not make it. Dan and I are going to the track in Oct. and I'm testing out my new Carbotech pads. After the last session on stock pads I decided to get higher temp pads. I felt real uncomfortable on the stock one (lots of fade). The last straight I hit ~ 125-130mph and thats when I noticed the fade.

As for the Brembo's I don't know what to do? Like I said I'm very careful when bleeding and cleaning them.

Oh well, I'll just keep looking.

Later,

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts