IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of alignment / realignment. My alignment sheet showed specs for 02-03 WRX instead of STi. Could someone who has downloaded the tech manuals please email me the listed specs or that page or something so I can verify what the specs "should" be. Obviously, they could be the same as the WRX's but with the suspension changes you would think they would be slightly different or tighter tolerances. My email is drk(remove prior to email) @gvmh.org

Thanks a bunch guys!

Nic

·
Registered
526 Posts
The specs are in the owners manual. I'm too lazy to find what page it is or to do a search on other boards to find the specs.

From what I remember though all the toes should be 0 and the front camber is I think -0.3. I can't remeber the rear camber.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
From the aforementioned tech manual, STi specific.....

FRONT

Camber -0 deg, 30 min
Caster 4 deg, 50 min
Toe In 0 +/- 3mm

REAR

Camber -0 deg, 40 min
Toe In 0 +/- 3mm

Pretty much everything straight up, down and true. I wonder how much camber you could get into it without needing camber plates.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Someone is running -1.4 degrees camber. I am going to try to get mine set as far as it will go tomorrow. I will let you know how far it will go..

Enrique

·
Registered
16 Posts
05' info, when?

As you can see, there is a discrepancy between the owner's manual and the service manual. The owner's manual give the rear camber spec as -1.67 degrees, and the service manual gives the rear camber spec as -0.67 degrees.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I went to the dealer and they dialed in -.9 in the front with 0 toe on each side. They said that is as far as it would go and that the rear was at -1 with 0 toe as well.

I took the car out on the track and it still oversteered and the outside of the front tires took a beating! So I ordered the H&R triple C camber bolts and went to a shop where a friend works. We spent about 2 hours working on it and ended up installing the camber bolts in the front and rear. We ended up with -2.0 camber with 0 toe in front and set the back to -1 camber and 0 toe.

We had to install the rear camber bolts because the actual setting when we put the car on the rack was -1.5 and -.7 and it would not get any better. So the dealer was either off or it shifted. Seeing as we couldn't adjust the back very much, it must have been that way.

I will have the car on the track again Sunday and will post results.

Later,

Enrique

·
Registered
212 Posts
1LapGTi said:
...We ended up with -2.0 camber with 0 toe in front and set the back to -1 camber and 0 toe...

...I will have the car on the track again Sunday and will post results...
I must here the results!!! I'm contemplating the same settings. :D

...take care at the track!

·
Registered
32 Posts
G-shock said:
I must here the results!!! I'm contemplating the same settings. :D

...take care at the track!
The car was better, but still not quite there. Even at 46-48 PSI hot in the front tires, they got chewed up pretty good. I will post pics later. The car did handle a lot better though. I also played around with the DCCD and found that for dry conditions full rear works best for me.

My next step is going to be to add 1/16 of toe out and a rear sway bar. And see if I can get another 1/2 degree of negative camber.

I have another track day on the 27th, so I will try to have everything set for that, and will once again share the results.

Later,

Enrique

1 - 11 of 11 Posts