IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed one the other day. definitely a better flow than the stock unit, even providing a throatier sound. feels slightly stronger too. OK for 70$

·
Registered
125 Posts
are those things reuseable?? I was under the impression that they weren't and for $70 it seems like a waste to have to chuck them out and get a new one every 15k

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think so too. untill the serious mods are available, its not bad at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Get a green filter from
www.greenfilterusa.com

works great, it is washable and if all else is quiet you can even hear the oem blow-by valve. It is a great buy or only $60.00

·
Registered
99 Posts
olappa said:
just installed one the other day. definitely a better flow than the stock unit, even providing a throatier sound. feels slightly stronger too. OK for 70$
Ever heard of a K&N drop in? :roll:

·
Registered
575 Posts
what about the typhoon K&N that has like an airbox infront of the open element filter? I believe it has been seen in a Evolution in some car magazine just cant remember which one! anyone know?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Re: Seat belts....

Just be careful with those oiled air filters, they can foul your MAF really fast. Had a buddy do that on his car and it cost him $350 to replace. Expensive lesson on not over oiling the filter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
gforced said:
Just be careful with those oiled air filters, they can foul your MAF really fast. Had a buddy do that on his car and it cost him $350 to replace. Expensive lesson on not over oiling the filter.
I think the trick to re-oiling was to put it in a old pillow case and twrill it around so all the extra oil spins off it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Re: FYI on STi rotors.

gforced said:
That's why I went with the ITG foam filter on my WRX wagon. 40k miles and no problems--and oil analysis confirmed that the filter was doing its job.

So are the STi and WRX filters interchangeable?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts