IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heads up, gentlemen, if u paying msrp or more, the dealer is simply lubing your behinds...
Here r the updates:
Van Bortel subaru have been selling STi ever since they came out for $400 over invoice... (upstate NY)...
Becker Subaru in PA is selling theirs for...... $100 UNDER INVOICE!!! and yes, I confirmed it, I did a quote over the Internet and That is the price I got from them via email..
On NASOIC someone claims that they been offered one for $800 under invoice from 2 automall web sites.
Subaru is offering $500 cash back (to dealers) promotion, therefore we see the reflected discounts..
Happy shopping...

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I guess it just depends on where one lives; I live in a Suburb of Chicago and bought mine form Bredemann in Park Ridge for $35507.49 out the door that's tax, license transfer and upgrades: securtiy system, boost guage, special mirror, wheel locks, under-coating, paint seal, fabric seal etc. In Schaumburg just a little west of there the dealer has 3 in the showroom and is asking 6 grand over list. and in Grays Lake just north of here they are asking 2 grand over list. :evil:

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
Faulkner Subaru in Bethlehem/Allentown took $500 off MSRP for me no questions asked.

The bargaining came into play with my trade in and value.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought PA dealer pretty cheap.. $500 off MSRP is not that good these days.. Becker sells for INVOICE..

·
Registered
208 Posts
should I cut my cai?

I just emailed 2 dealers in my area and both came back under MSRP. One took $1000 off the other came down to $31000. This was all without negotiation. I think with a little work any STi on the lot could be had near invoice. (FYI there are at least 10-15 STi's on lots in town, probably 20-30 within 1.5 hrs)

Its a buyers market.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Manchester Subaru in Londonberry, NH is selling STi's for less than invoice. I'm buying a black/gold STi this weekend for $30k and that includes accepting my trade-in that I'm $2000 upside down in :D
They're selling me the car for $29k and adding $1k for my trade. Pretty fair I think.
Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
living in TN sucks, i called all the dealers and they all acted like i was crazy asking about selling for invoice. i ended up getting a blue one for a little under MSRP. the dealers around here are selling them like hot cakes @ MSRP, so no one wants to lower their prices.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok, first do you happen to have the link for the guy that got 800 under invoice.

also, what autoweb sites are the ones i should use?

thank you

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
they are tryin to move them before the year ends....it's typical...i paid sticker and like a dope i went for the etended warranty :evil: i wasnt planning on modding the car until i saw all you guys makin em faster and faster....i thought it was fast already...but i got bit on the ass by the mod bug

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
subaru.com and try emailing the dealers asking to quote u... U will get Invoice prices in some replies..

will667 said:
ok, first do you happen to have the link for the guy that got 800 under invoice.

also, what autoweb sites are the ones i should use?

thank you

·
Registered
43 Posts
amdmaxx said:
subaru.com and try emailing the dealers asking to quote u... U will get Invoice prices in some replies..
That is exactly what I did.

I emailed 20 dealers between South Florida and New England and went with the lowest price which happened to be in New Hampshire (I did haggle a bit and got them to match another dealer who had the same car with 69 miles on it). I picked her up New Year's Eve for 28,525 w/o tax and tag, no options (which is what I wanted). I feel like I got a good deal and am glad I waited a few months to get mine. I'm sure the price will come down more in due time, but I felt like I bought at the right time, i.e. the price has come down to reasonable and the car is still "hot"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well fuk OHIO dealers. They're a bunch of snakes.
I got them down to 30,100 with:
Boost Gauge
Tint Mirror
Security System
Arm Rest
Lug Locks

Sounds great eh? But he will only give me 15,900 for my 02 WRX w/ 28K MI The kelley trade is 16,400 and private 18,900 I asked for 17K even. That's better than right in the middle that's actually more towards their side.

STAY AWAY FROM GANLEY IN OHIO.

I will wait I guess. If anyone knows of a PA or NY dealer please tell I will buy tomorrow if the difference in trade is $13K. I think that's fair. I could give a crap about the options.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I hear ya sti-leist. Thats why I don't own a WRX, I had a deal set for a Yellow WRX wagon at invoice and when I went to finalize and trade my GTI in they undercut KBB trade in by $3000. Thats $3000 under book trade in value. So I complain and the guy turns to me and says: "We have to make some money somehow." I walked. The dealer is like 2 miles from my house. I won't buy a car from them, ever. The next nearest dealer is 10 miles+. But there are plenty in Cincinnati.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try Becker in PA, VanBortel in Rochester, NY and any local dealer...
Print the threads/emails with dealer quotes to your dealer, tell them u know the iNVOICE and that people getting their cars $500 under invoice and go from there..
Good Luck..

wrx2104 said:
amdmaxx... got any good dealers in Jersey or should i try PA for under invoice?! I'm down in ocean co.

thanks

Mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts