IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just received word that SOA has a Titanium shift knob available for this shifter. It won't be officially released for another couple of weeks. As a service to our customers we are giving you first shot.

Pic to follow.

Price is $132.56

Please let me know.
Joseph

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome Flat 4 and Mike Shaw to this STi website! - I'm glad you're here for the STi and WRX owners (especially in the Denver area).

This new short throw shifter looks interesting, but I don't understand.
I thought the STi was like a "factory hot-rod" (performance engine, suspension, wheels/tires, brakes, etc.) and that you didn't need to do a lot of mods. So, what advantage would this unit offer over the STi shifter that came with the car???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the STi was like a "factory hot-rod" (performance engine, suspension, wheels/tires, brakes, etc.) and that you didn't need to do a lot of mods. So, what advantage would this unit offer over the STi shifter that came with the car???
Sir

Subaru and STI have always done things like this. They release a car that is excellent but then offer an additional listing of parts for that special driver. The average person will not buy these items or care to even know they exist. They bought the car for status and respect from their peers and because of what they are reading in all the magazines, not to use it to it's full performance potential. Most of these customers have never owned a Subaru before the WRX or the STI emerged. The STI is an excellent car and like you said it is a "factory hot rod" but even the factory can improve upon itself from time to time. If you look at the progression of the Impreza chassis in the US market it went from an econo box rental car that posted 93 hp in 1993 to the monster we see today with 300hp. The car is very impressive as is but with some simple mods you can make it a very angry monster. Have you ever looked at the list of performance parts for a Ferrari? Are they not a nice car? Yes, I think so but, to some they are just a starting point for could be not what is. That is how I look at the STI, it is a very nice car as is, but it is just a great starting point. All I think about is the potential. If you have ever really personalized a car before you might understand. I do not mean just bolt a couple of parts on and call it good. I mean think the process out make a list, design a plan and acknowledge all aspects of the car. Make it yours. Change the suspension, the interior, wheels and tires, engine, exhaust, everything. Adjust the suspension 30 times a season, fine-tuned the timing and ignition to suite your driving style. Change the air pressure daily because the temp changed mid day and now you are not running at optimum pressure. Use your own alignment specs instead of copying from someone else or using the factory.

This kind of turned into a rant. Sorry.

This is the type of customer that would be interested in the shifter and the other items that will be released soon.

The shifter turns the already awesome STI shifter into an even nicer shifter. Requiring less effort and less time to shift from gear to gear with a more positive feel.

Thank you.
Joseph

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've had that Ti shift knob on my car for two weeks now and love it. Made the shifting awesome. Oh and the short shifter is great too ;)

Mario

1 - 7 of 7 Posts