1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks great. If the price is right, count me in for one!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
How would the Eclipse 88100 DVC sub work in your sub box? Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure it will be fine, I'll check with the designer/builder ....

Right now, it houses a 10W6 V2 which has a huge basket ... and it fits fine ....

·
Registered
208 Posts
how does it affect golf club fitment? GBB2 driver still fit back there? 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree on the cost and the golf club statements. :)

I was just looking on ebay for a box today. Will wait a couple more days now to see what you got.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pardon my ignorance ... what is a gbb2 driver ?

As for a golf club bag ... I don't have one, but I imagine it would still fit diaganally ...

do you know the basket depth requirements of that woofer? Is it more than 7.5"s ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
GBB2 = Great Big Bertha 2 Driver. Its about 46" long, plus some. I was just wondering because my GTI had a big square trunk, and I had to put a seat down to fit the clubs. I would hate to put a box in and not be able to fit golf clubs. Box against the back of the rear seats might be better if this is too big.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What's the volume of the enclosure in cubic feet? thanks. Oh one more thing, the side of the box that is opposite the subwoofer, is it wood or fiberglass and does it conform to the curvature of the trunk?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep the questions coming guys ... I'll have the builder give me all the specs .... right now he is at the Consumer Electronics show in Vegas ... he'll be back this week-end ...

I can say, it is all wood, but it is made and angled to fit in on the left side, then the upper panel is cut to match the curvature of the trunk liner .... It looks really clean ... I love it so far .....

I also had a truck box as a temporary solution... it sucked ....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Any idea on price, and when it will be available?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello. i am the designer and manufacturer for these enclosures. i have been offering woofer enclosures to the subaru community for 4 years now. i built the box you see in bretts car, and he has been nice enough to help me distribute them to the STi owners. here is a quick run down on the enclosure.

the box is about .9 cu ft and comes in matching dark grey trunk liner. the enclosure is made entirely of 1/2" mdf, with a 3/4" baffle that is countersunk 1/4" around the woofer. each enclosure also comes with polyfill to put into the enclosure. the main way of mounting the enclosure is with screws that go through the botom of the enclosure, then into the trunk floor. numbers of people that have bought my enclosure have also used high strength velcro to make the enclosure removeable. as the jack would be covered, the enclosure will come with a new mount for the jack, to allow it to be in the spare tire. finally, the weight of the enclosure without the woofer is about 15lbs.

as for time frame. the enclosures will be ready to ship within 2-3 weeks, and brett will conduct the opening GB for this site starting early this week.

kevin
www.evo-auto.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would the enclosure fit an Alpine 10" Type-R Series Subwoofer SWR-1021D with mounting Depth of 152mm (6”). That's the sub I have in a rectangular box, takes up too much trunk space. Good thing I saw this thread tonight as I was going to buy some L brackets to mount it tomorrow.

Also, do you have an estimate on the price ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
105 Posts
Need4Speed-

I'd like to know what you think of the sound of the JL 10W6 V2 in that box. I will be running it off half of a JL 300/4 bridged to 150w. The JL 10W0 has been recommended to me, but it seems as though the 10W6 V2 would give me more headroom for a future amp. I'm really only looking for nice, clean, tight sound to match the excellent sound I've been able to acheive w/ my MB Quarts up front running off the other half of that amp. Alpine 9813 up front.

Please advise since this is the box I will be using! As soon as I know what sub I'll use, I'll get on the group buy list.

Also, will the box stay put with the trunk lid support holding it in place w/o having to screw it down from the inside? I want the option of easy removal for auto-x, but I don't want it sliding around during spirited driving either.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like it ...

I had about 125 watts getting thrown at a W3 before which I really liked too ... but then I wanted a little more power, and moved up to a much stronger amp and got the 10W6 V2...

Depending on your time frame for a new amp or sub ... I'd probably suggest going with a 10W3, which will still have the ability to take more power when/if you do upgrade the amp ......and still sound good with that power that you have now ....

My old 10W3 blew, and I had it fixed under warranty, it's been sitting in my garage for the last 6 months in the original box ...... Haven't decided what to do with it yet ....

It might be up for sale sooner than later! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
5 More spots to go!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TTT

Only a few days left!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts