IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just very recently purchased a 2004 WRX STi (Blue w/ Gold Wheels). Right now I'm breaking in the motor so I haven't been able to have any fun in it yet. I've heard all sorts of 1/4 mile times for the STi, but I realize that for the most part they are at sea level. Do any of you know what a bone stock STi will run in the 1/4 mile here at Bandimere Speedway?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn! That's disgustingly fast! I can't wait until I get that motor broken in so I can have some fun. The quickest car I've ever owned before this one was an MR2 Turbo. I thought that thing had some pep and it only ran high 14's. So, I must ask. What does it take to run a time like that? (what kind of launch, what DCCD setting, etc.)

·
Registered
804 Posts
:lol: Needless to say this car impresses me every time I drive it. That run was done outside the groove letting off the clutch quickly but not dumping it at about 5500rpm's. I also don't let of the gas the entire run except for my 4th to 5th shift, yes you have to shift into fifth even up here at 5800ft :D . Good luck!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thanks a lot for the info, that's valuable stuff for an STi newbie such as myself. I'll definitely give it a try next time I'm at Bandimere. And who knows, maybe I'll catch you there sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts