IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just flashed to Stage 1 93 ... and shifts seem smoother and love the new top end power. I was reading the live boost gauge and am reading 16.6 WOT. Just wanted to see if this is where it should be...cant wait for the tbe and stage 2...have it on order from cobb...waiting...waiting...

also...should i throw in my typhoon...or stick with stock...the car ran like crap before stage 1...

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
16.6 psi is normal for stage 1.

Here are my dyno charts from Gruppe-S from yesterday's dyno run:

Mods: Cobb AP Stage 1, 91 octane, K&N Typhoon intake.

Everything is running great, The typhoon makes awesome sounds (like a pissed off Cobra that wants to bite something), I'm hitting the same boost levels as you are and my A/F ratios are the same.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
yes 16.6 is normal. Some guys put on and intake and others wait till stage 2 or get protuned to put the intake on.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
is 17.4psi too high for stage 1? i have a aps cai and just received my helix catted dp and borla exhaust which i will be putting in this weekend and going stage 2...what psi should i expect at stage 2?

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
IUSTi said:
is 17.4psi too high for stage 1? i have a aps cai and just received my helix catted dp and borla exhaust which i will be putting in this weekend and going stage 2...what psi should i expect at stage 2?
I hit 17.6 with stage 1 when I first installed it. Then the ECU did its learning and everything settled in place, per my dyno session, I'm hitting 16.5 psi.

I feel mid 17's is a bit too high for stage 1, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If you're going stage 2 and want an intake, get it and get Pro-Tuned.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i first installed the typhoon it was 90-100 degree weather with full humidity...and the car ran like crap...now that the temps have cooled off a little and i have stage 1 will i still see a low end performance drop without a protune...i just fail to see how a protune can help with underhood temps?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
^ Give it a week and see if it goes a little higher. If not change to the HWG map. And if your still not hitting target boost, then I'd guess you have a leak.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's on an 06, if there were to be a leak where are the most likely places to look? I was in a lil fender bender but no engine components were damaged..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For Stage 1 you should be hitting peak PSI in gears 4 and up...

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Jrags87 said:
when i first installed the typhoon it was 90-100 degree weather with full humidity...and the car ran like crap...now that the temps have cooled off a little and i have stage 1 will i still see a low end performance drop without a protune...i just fail to see how a protune can help with underhood temps?
Interesting, I ran my car at 106 degrees F on the freeway with full A/C and it was still a monster.

Per Mike @ Gruppe-S, no need to Pro-tune Stage 1 unless you have issues and none of the other maps aren't resolving them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Peleg said:
Interesting, I ran my car at 106 degrees F on the freeway with full A/C and it was still a monster.

Per Mike @ Gruppe-S, no need to Pro-tune Stage 1 unless you have issues and none of the other maps aren't resolving them.
What I've noticed from having the Typhoon installed is a drop in low end torque...when i put the stock intake box back on, the car immediately pulled much harder...i think my only solution is a protune...or to wait until the winter...

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Jrags87 said:
What I've noticed from having the Typhoon installed is a drop in low end torque...when i put the stock intake box back on, the car immediately pulled much harder...i think my only solution is a protune...or to wait until the winter...
What year is your STi?

My low end is still awesome, pulls like a fright train.

·
Registered
445 Posts
IUSTi said:
I got 18.5 in my STi on stage 2

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Peleg said:
What year is your STi?

My low end is still awesome, pulls like a fright train.
My car is a MY05 STI...

I tried it again today and the response was better...I think i installed the typhoon on the hottest week of the year...well over 100 degrees...so now that it has cooled off I think im in better shape

·
Registered
75 Posts
whats the elevation in boise ? i live in reno and can't get boost pressue as high as i would at sea level

1 - 20 of 22 Posts