IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm about to finish breaking in my STi...and thinking of stero options... I'm going to get all sony stuff...(I get great deals on sony) so what should I get..what deck...what speakers will fit and all that.

I saw a CD/MP3 player that has red backlights that would look cool so what sized speakers will fit?

·
Registered
857 Posts
if you can get MOBILE ES stuff, get them. current sony stuff is c-r-a-p...

myself?

XR-c900 head
CDX-91 cd changer
XDP-210 dig proc.

circa 1996'ish... ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes just like ldivinag said all the new Sony products are CRAP. The only thing I every liked from Sony is the C-90 deck. It is one of the best sounding decks out there. Get the Mobile ES stuff, stay away from anything Xplode. Hope this helps you

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think Sony has produced an Mobile ES in quite some time. This is the major reason I don't even consider them for any of my car audio. Back in the day, their regular stuff was mediocre, but their ES line was the good stuff.

Today, my recommendations would run along the lines of Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine. :D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
More Pics of my Blue/Silver STi

Alpine is best in my books.. Pioneer/Premier, Kenwood is top units also.. If u can get a nice Sony for dealer cost, make sure u listen first and like what u hear.. If not, get Alpine or any brand I mentioned above. Blupunkt is great also..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
irvine subaru

Ok, yes I would probably get pioneer or kenwood or something but thats not what I asked. I was just wondering what the best sony stuff is..the reason is I can get Sony for less than half price so I was just wondering what I should get...especially speakers..like what ones would fit and all that. I think I have a deck picked out.

·
Registered
983 Posts
You are right guys, sony's HUs are not up to par. If you carefully compare the specs at crutchfield.com, Alpine and Kenwood are the way to go in every aspect.

IMO:
1. Alpine
2. Kenwood
3. Pioneer

I need to do some more research for the speakers. Do you guys know what speakers can get the most out of an Alpine 9815? I just want the 4 speakers plus the tweeters, no sub for me!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bah...ok nevermind. It makes no sense at all for me to buy anything but sony because of the prices I get. I can get a 1000$ sony deck for 400$ so... if an alpine $400 deck is better than a 1000$ sony then mabe it makes sense for me to go with alpine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts