IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT3RS vs. STi

So I know the STi doesn't have a stereo from the dealer unless you pay extra.(which doesn't bother me I would rather pick my own). what parts of the stereo does it not have?

Is there speaker holes or anything? or do you have to figure out how to fit them in somehow?

thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is no head unit or speakers. There is an antenna, and all cabling for a basic (4 speaker) installation. At least this is what I have heard; I have yet to put a stereo in my STi.

·
Registered
858 Posts
yes, the car is prewired for a standard subaru stereo. but you can use wiring harnesses to plug and play into each one...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I used a 94-96 Impreza wiring harness from Bestbuy and it worked perfect. You need to still hook up the power attenna lead to power the built in amplifier.

The rear speaker holes in the doors can fit 5-1/4" speakers. I installed Kenwoods with no problem yesterday. I only had to drill 4 small holes. The color of the wires from the speaker harness are this. (The speaker harness is held by a clip on the door.)
Blue/Green = Positive(+)
Red/White = Negative(-)
On both the rear doors the colors are the same on the harness.

Tonight, I'm going to get 6-1/2" speakers for the front doors and install them. Then later on, I'll add some tweeters to the front also.

·
Registered
97 Posts
a guys from the dealer told me STi doesn't have the plastic tabs for mounting speakers. Also, there are wires in the front door for a set of tweeters.
Can someone verify this for me please? I am having a pretty hard time getting the damn manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts